Fraudulent $2300 payment to a German Computer Service

3BeatBJ
New Community Member

I opened my emails yesterday to find my PayPal account had a negative balance to it, due to me forgetting to add my new debit card before I was charged by a service for my account. I went to go add my card to PayPal and pay off the small fee, when I found a pending transaction for ~$2300 in Euros (~€1400) to some German tech company.

First off, I'm Australian, and have no interest in building my own computer, and even if I did, I'm sure I would've used hundreds of sites before I used this one that I can barely read. Second, I rarely use PayPal outside of my Discord subscription and paying some online friends, and I've never made a payment using Discord that exceeded $300. Third, if I was going to make such a payment, I wouldn't have tried to use my savings account to do so. I added that account, but realized the only withdrawal I could make was to my spending account. 

This all screams fraudulent use of my account, but I've been given no support to cancel this transaction. I was given no option to cancel it, and after submitting a claim, PayPal decided that this wasn't out of the ordinary or fraudulent use of my account. I have no option to appeal this either. I can't cancel my account, or even pay off the small subscription fee using my newly-added debit card.

I'm really scared, because $2300 is more than I own. Assuming this is someone who stole my information to buy equipment, I've reached out to the German site and told them to look up the invoice number and cancel the order. Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.