Fraudulant Banking Account Added to my Profile

spgiusto
New Community Member

Hi-

I transferred money to a friend's bank account and Pay Pal added their account number to my Wallet. I didn't notice it until a transaction sent to me was credited to this bank account versus my debit card I usually use for deposit transfers. So my $6000 went missing! I reached out to Pay Pal to ask them for the full bank account number to where this payment was sent at Wells Fargo. They wouldn't help me until it went beyond their awful phone center idiots. Finally, after HOURS on the phone on hold and emails to them, someone gave me the deposit routing number. Wells Fargo was able to find that Pay Pal sent the deposit to someone else's bank account. 

Now, I'm trying to get PayPal to remove this bank account (which I NEVER confirmed in the first place!) and they want me to resolve my account before I can do anything. One of the steps they require is to verify my bank account...which is the root of the problem! I can't get through to PayPal and another 3 hours have been wasted on this today. 

Anyone have any advise on how to get Resolution resolved without providing all the very personal information  and the bank account? 

Will CANCEL and never deal with PayPal again after this is resolved. I'm SO angry! 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.