Fraudlent seller

kolopla
Contributor
Contributor

hi.I have a case on resolution cantre but the only thing i can do next its upload tracking, however i dont agree with this as its expensive to send wrong item back to seller to china with tracking and seller not providing back label.This seller sent me totally wrong item, i ordered table but they sent me plastic holder. to get a refund i need to send this back but i think they need to provide back label as its NOT MY FAULT that they sent me wrong product. ALso they gave 2 diferent return addresses and both of them looks incomplete. ALso i sent them email to but gmail sent me message that Address not found Your message wasn't delivered to the seller <removed> because the address couldn't be found or is unable to receive email. SO its TOTAL CLEAR FRAUDSeller information YXYFZ <removed> Transaction amount $34.98 USD Transaction ID 9780753463039705RCase ID: PP-D-79183573.

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

2020_FR, what service you get depends on the agent or rep you get, try to talk to another rep if the current one doesn't seem to help. Ask to talk to his/her manager. I used chat and had to go thru 4-5 reps before one was willing to help. Others are finding the same, need to be persistent. Meantime, file complaint to ic3.gov and whatever other channels you can find. Also suggest news story to news station like this one.

https://ktla.com/about-ktla/contact-us/submit-news-tips-and-story-ideas/

Login to Me Too

DavidPierce
Contributor
Contributor

The same thing happened to me.  I ordered an RC Excavator, RC Dump Truck & RC Bulldozer as depicted on the website:

https://www.julyoyo.com/products/-50--off-for-black-friday-sales-2019-rc-construction-vehicles?varia...

The items were described on the website as fully functional constructions vehicles with 23 channel controllers.  The videos on the website depicted the construction vehicles in action.

What I got was cheap toys.

PayPal's resolution was for me to pay the return shipping to China and would not intervene on my behalf although it was clearly fraudulent advertising intended to deceive.  I did get my $101.66 purchase price back but had to pay $78.35 to send the toys back to China.

I don't know if I will ever trust PayPal or sellers in China again.  PayPal failed me.  

Login to Me Too

jie_69
Contributor
Contributor
Yes. Same thing with me. I have been fighting a dispute in Paypal for almost a month. Seller sent me a Fake item and he gave Paypal my own home address to return the item. I kept telling the Paypal agent about it via chat as there Paypal customer service number is not working, that the return shipping address is Bogus. I know Paypal is helpless. I am closing my credit acct because Paypal can not protect my money in here. Paypal give s a false assurance that my money is protected from scammers. Scammers post as legit sellers in Paypal and if a client file disputes to seller,,Paypal charge fees but not a total banned from Paypal. Paypal also protect scammers and frauders. The item came from China abd sold by a scammer from Saudi Arabia via Ebay.
Login to Me Too

Fastkaka
Contributor
Contributor
xyxfz is a scam. paid 30 US for a golf mat. 6 weeks later received a cheap pair of sunglasses. i will contact for refund then raise dispute
Login to Me Too

pbkoli
Contributor
Contributor

faced the similar issue. I contacted the seller and they offered me 30% refund which was not even worth. They sent me completely crap item.  Opened a case with paypal hoping to get full refund.

Login to Me Too

Marfeetus
New Community Member

Just received my package from YXYFZ: a crap pair of children's dollar store plastic sunglasses instead of my 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer Package. Waste of $29.98. I have filed a claim with PayPal. I hope to not only get my money back but get these criminals banned from PayPal. 

I was making an order from a Facebook advertisement... I will never order anything off of Facebook again. 

Login to Me Too

RashidB
Contributor
Contributor
Same company but I never received the product. It’s been over a month now. PayPal MUST ban this company.
Login to Me Too

RashidB
Contributor
Contributor
Update: today I received cheap sunglasses with $39 tag. I wouldn’t pay a £1 for it. That was sent to me instead of Multimedia Table. YXYFZ company name on the parcel (Yangyang) is ABSOLUTELY A FRAUD. Never again ordering anything from Facebook ad NEVER. That mean Facebook is supporting these scams. No idea who to complain or talk to about this issue. 😞 😞
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RashidB 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item OR service
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. Paypal will review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Also make sure you have activated the below link in case you have to return the item to get a refund

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

starbuck2

You would think that PayPal would flag these fraudulent companies and help their customers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.