Fraudlent seller

kolopla
Contributor
Contributor

hi.I have a case on resolution cantre but the only thing i can do next its upload tracking, however i dont agree with this as its expensive to send wrong item back to seller to china with tracking and seller not providing back label.This seller sent me totally wrong item, i ordered table but they sent me plastic holder. to get a refund i need to send this back but i think they need to provide back label as its NOT MY FAULT that they sent me wrong product. ALso they gave 2 diferent return addresses and both of them looks incomplete. ALso i sent them email to but gmail sent me message that Address not found Your message wasn't delivered to the seller <removed> because the address couldn't be found or is unable to receive email. SO its TOTAL CLEAR FRAUDSeller information YXYFZ <removed> Transaction amount $34.98 USD Transaction ID 9780753463039705RCase ID: PP-D-79183573.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kolopla 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

Flyerscup27
Contributor
Contributor

You have to call Paypal and explain that the item you received was completely the wrong item and tell them that you should not be responsible for shipping costs to china. They will refund your money and you will not have to return the item. I just closed a similar case today.

Login to Me Too

Kmoore5400
Contributor
Contributor
I also have purchased something from someone that I think is fraudulent. It came out of my PayPal account ad yxyfz. I cannot email. Because the one they give me isn’t valid. I see that other people have complained about them also.
Login to Me Too

RashidB
Contributor
Contributor

I saw an ad on Facebook for Multimedia table. I ordered it and sent email and I got reply that product has been shipped and I should get within 15-20 days. Email also said if I haven’t received it within 20 days I should contact. It’s been over a month and tried to contact <removed> but the does not exists anymore. Is there anyway PayPal can help me get my money back? It was $29.88. I guess I have been scammed and I lost my money. Well lesson learned NEVER AGAIN!!!

Login to Me Too

RitaFox70
Contributor
Contributor
I was informed that PayPal will not refund you as long as you still have the product. Wrong product or not. You can't get the money and keep the wrong product. I ordered Birkenstock like sandals and received a hideous watch. Purchased from a company that I thought was here in the United States. Watch shipped from California. Yet I was informed I had to pay to return it to China. The customer service at this fraudulent seller responded by telling me, they shipped to me according to my placed style, please understand that. Then asked me to leave a nice review on their site. PayPal kept pushing my resolution date back. It was supposed to have been resolved by the 4th. It still isn't resolved.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kolopla 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Flyerscup27
Contributor
Contributor
You have to show them proof of what u ordered and proof of what u received. U also need to tell them that its absurd that u would have to pay for shipping back to china for what is clearly a scam. Thats what i did and they refunded my money right away, said I didn’t have to return the product, and closed the case.
Login to Me Too

Flyerscup27
Contributor
Contributor
You have to get someone on the phone at paypal and explain that this is clearly a scam and u should not have to pay for shipping back to china. I showed proof of everything and they refunded my money and told me I didn’t have to return the product
Login to Me Too

2020_FR
Contributor
Contributor
How did you accomplish this. I have been working on a dispute for almost 6 weeks . Alerted PayPal that I discovered a company from China was conducting a bait and switch scheme . I had a transaction I paid $161 when checking the shipping manifest I saw product only weighed 6 lbs vs 48 Lbs. When I finally did receive the item it was worth less than $5. Provided proof to PayPal with screen shots , showing how this company was using PayPal services to practice fraud to customers . After 6 weeks they said they would refund only if I returned the item which costs approximately $80 to ship back to China . This company knows how to use the poor customer service of Paypal to their advantage . Why after losing $161 would anyone agree to spend this amt to send back to a crooked and illegal company. PayPal is supposed to help customers that have been cheated not have loose guidelines that expert scammers know how to take advantage of. I immediately reported this company using PayPal when I discovered bait and switch scheme to prevent others not experience what happened to me. Their answer and resolution to this constant issue is not right and doesn’t protect PayPal customers . Are their others finding the same problem currently with PayPal . I have a feeling many others are experiencing the same poor support I have been going through the last couple of months .
Login to Me Too

Flyerscup27
Contributor
Contributor
I called paypal, waited on hold for a while but when I finally spoke to someone i explained the situation. I showed them proof of what i was supposed to receive, and i also showed them proof of what i actually received. I also explained that I should not be responsible for shipping anything to China because this was clearly a scam. They took a few minutes and they said they would refund my money and I didn’t have to return the item. My money was refunded and case was closed
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.