Fraudenlent company that looks "legit" paypal won't cover

ljk1985
New Community Member

Hello,

I recently made a purchase for clothing from an athletic dealer that seems legit.  The clothes arrived, and are fine - however, they enrolled me in a "membership" which is fraudulent (a second hand company is using their info) and charging $50 a month.  No way to cancel.  No working phone - email- messenger etc.  The community facebook page for the store is FULL of people reporting the same issue.  After I couldn't reach anyone to cancel said "membership" I turned it into Paypal as unauthorized use - because I DID NOT sign up for a membership AND it was charged to the wrong account I have linked to paypal instead of my preferred way to pay.  Paypal did not agree and won't protect me on the ONGOING membership.  I think I finally got it listed as an inactive autopay, but Paypal said supposedly they had already done that - not the case.

I didn't plan to take this anywhere but directly to paypal - but now I can't get anyone on the phone or messenger here either.  WTH.  Probably going to cancel my paypal too.  

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.