Fraudalent seller scamming people and not refunding

RigosPlace
Contributor
Contributor

So I bought a software the other day. Needless to say that it did not work, non of the features are working for me or anyone buying the software. I open a case thru paypal and the case gets closed because the seller said it will be refunding back to me thru original payment (which was paypal). So, I still have no refund, paypal won't allow me to open a case against them again nor does paypal have a phone number to express my concern on this type of fraud.

And why in the world would paypal take the side of the seller and not check or force them to refund like they say? Shame on you paypal. Does this mean I have to just let those $60 go to the scammer doing this to multiple people or that I have to leave and close my paypal account because they support this?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RigosPlace

Which dispute did you open?

How did you pay for the item ie which paypal option did you use to send the funds?

How did you fund the paypal payment?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RigosPlace
Contributor
Contributor
I'm not 100% sure which dispute it was, I paid directly thru the site with funds I have on PayPal which I will ne moving over to my bank today as I wont be using it more I dont think after this experience.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.