Fraud

jenchem
New Community Member

I ordered a furry blanket off of facebook.  It turned out the company was from China.   The company provided a "fake" tracking number that obviously could not be tracked.  Two days after I ordered the item (recall from China) it states that it was delivered to my mailbox (the item was too big to place it in the mailbox).   I contacted the company (multiple website address did not work) and they admitted that the shipment did not reach me and claimed it would ship again.  Days later, the company informs  me that it was shipped but cannot provide a tracking number or name of the company they used for shipping.  I escalated the case to PayPal who simply told me that it shipped and was received by me, case closed!   Worst customer support services ever!!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jenchem 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.