Fraud

Tsirik
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,

I need your help. Unfortunately I haven't received any help from the support team (resolution center).

On April 3 I could not enter my account. When I finally changed password and entered it I saw that my account was hacked: primary email was changed and several charges not authorized by me have been made to my balance. The companies  that received my money are: Xsolla (4 charges 120 Euro each), Xiaofeng Xu (99,36USd) and Shopto.net (38,59 EUR). 

When trying to change my primary address I found out that this is impossible. Immediately I submitted a ticket via Resolution center about unauthorized activity. In few hours it was closed with this wording: "After reviewing your case, we found that this transaction was not unauthorized and hence couldn't be covered under PayPal Purchase Protection".  I did not receive any reply how to change my primary email address either.

I removed all the money on my balance and all my cards again and considering never to use this Paypal "service" again.

Please advise if I there is still anything I can do to solve this problem?

I tried to reach Paypal support via telephone but due to coronavirus it's impossible.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Tsirik
Contributor
Contributor

Continuation of the story...

Yesterday I also contacted Xsolla informing them of this situation and asking them if they can block those unauthorized transactions.

They have reacted immediately and just an hour ago they refunded three transactions.

Xsolla proved to be much more trustworthy than Paypal! I believe they will refund the fourth transaction as well.

This leaves me with two more unauthorized transactions to the amount of 99.36 USd+28.59 Euro which I cannot report again since I have reported them to the same ticket which have been closed in favor of swindlers.

And the problem with changing primary email address still remains.

Any advise, please?

Login to Me Too

Tsirik
Contributor
Contributor

Not even one member of support team replies!

Yesterday received a fantastic reply from Paypal support team on Facebook: "I don't understand anything in these matters!" Will try Twitter today.

Please explain to me at least what exactly "I have bought" then if you "found out that these transactions are not unauthorized". Do you seriously considering these "sellers" real?

<removed>

Purchase details FRS2003290011008#27677#OSRS Old School[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]nbsp;USD Item #PPM8K133XS0Z3TH4 

2.  Shopto dot nett (this is fake company/site! - try to contact them by phone and email and via site)  Paid withPayPal balance

<removed>

<removed> <removed> Invoice ID 8544084000001585602712

Any reply?

Login to Me Too

Tsirik
Contributor
Contributor

What about Paypal Buyer protection

To forget about it? Or you will do something about these obvious and undisguised unauthorized transactions?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.