Fraud

Pdurkin
Contributor
Contributor
I had my phone taking from me, and someone who broke on and and sent up to $1400 to someone. When I get my Phone back from him, and checked my bank account due to a suspicious email, I then saw the charges. This sucks!
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pdurkin 

So how did they manage to access the app if they did not know your password or pin?

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/what-if-i've-lost-my-mobile-device-faq441

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Pdurkin
Contributor
Contributor
I have them saved on my phone, it pulls up all the passwords, dumb! So frustrating.
Login to Me Too

Pdurkin
Contributor
Contributor
What do i do? I also had my bank card that was linked taken and they used it for multiple w withdraws. I cancelled the card .
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pdurkin 

You can open a dispute if the transactions are showing in your paypal account for unauthorised transaction BUT paypal may find against you as they accessed the phone due to you letting them unwittingly have the password.

Failing that if the payments were sourced from your bank or card then speak to them and see if they will chargeback for you. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.