Fraud

srbuck
Contributor
Contributor

I sent the mssg below via the complaints page, along with 4 attachments, but did not receive either acknowledgement, or confirmation, that it reached you. Instead, after submitting it, the website re-directed me to the messaging centre, but my message did not show.

Pls could you kindly confirm that it did, and is being actioned?

Many thanks,

Stephen Buck

We sold a phone to Amirah Huss. They asked us to send the phone to a different address to the one on their account (see attached message on Depop, where they bought the phone) which we did. The phone was sent by 24 hr signed for Royal Mail delivery (see proof of posting and signature, attached).

After a month, Amirah blocked messages from us and claimed the phone hadn't arrived, despite us having the proof of posting and signature etc. What did we do wrong, pls? We sent you all the documentation requested - what else is required, pls? Yet the resolution centre came down in their favour...

I phoned your resolution centre yesterday and was told it sounded fraudulent and was put in touch with Action Fraud. How can Paypal decide in favour of someone that their own resolution centre thinks is fraudulent?

Meanwhile, we are £415 out of pocket for doing nothing wrong.

Thank you.

Sent twice, with 4 attachments, on 5 Feb, via customer service formal complaints page.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@srbuck 

Firstly this is not paypal customer services, its a user to user advice forum.

However secondly you lost all your seller protection and lost the dispute because you agreed to send to a different address.

For paypal seller protection you have to send to the paypal registered address of the buyer at the time of payment.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/seller-protection?locale.x=en_GB

For tangible items, post the item to the shipping address on the “Transaction Details” page. If the item is delivered in person or if the payment recipient posts the item to a different address (for example, if the buyer asks that you send to another address on the basis that it is a “work address” or a “gift” address) then you will not be eligible for re-imbursement under the terms of the programme.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@srbuck 

Firstly this is not paypal customer services, its a user to user advice forum.

However secondly you lost all your seller protection and lost the dispute because you agreed to send to a different address.

For paypal seller protection you have to send to the paypal registered address of the buyer at the time of payment.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/seller-protection?locale.x=en_GB

For tangible items, post the item to the shipping address on the “Transaction Details” page. If the item is delivered in person or if the payment recipient posts the item to a different address (for example, if the buyer asks that you send to another address on the basis that it is a “work address” or a “gift” address) then you will not be eligible for re-imbursement under the terms of the programme.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

srbuck
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. Yes, the fraudster obviously knew that if he asked me to send to a different address, which he did via a direct message, I would not be covered. I had no idea that was the case, tho... I sent Paypal a screenshot of his mssg, so it seems wrong tome that they know he's a fraudster, but still find in favour of him...

Login to Me Too

srbuck
Contributor
Contributor

We sent the phone to the only address the buyer gave us - we did not know his registered address...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@srbuck 

If he paid via paypal then you would have had his paypal registered address on your paypal email to say that he had paid !!!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.