Fraud

Drpaul100
New Community Member

Has anyone noticed that paypal goes to extremes to protect fraudulent Chinese sellers at the expense of its US members?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Drpaul100 

I do not think PayPal is necessarily "protecting" them. This is business not a court on morality. PayPal does not guarantee the products sold from use of their payment processing services. They (the sellers) are just good at using the seller protection program as worded to their advantage. If the item you receive is Significantly Not As Described, PayPal will rule in your favor and have you return the item, forcing seller to accept a return. You are responsible for return shipping as per dispute policy but can get reimbursed: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

To avoid this problem altogether, stop buying from Chinese sellers. If you've shopped around long enough, you can spot a sketchy Chinese site a mile away. Stick to merchants you know or do research before buying. If you find little to inconclusive to no info on a merchant, best to keep it movin'. Anyone can slap a store together these days, so buyer beware.

In the meantime, if you paid with card, dispute through them but try not to buy from Chinese sites, your card will only allow so may disputes such as these and will expect you to do your due diligence.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.