Fraud

Ticked1
Contributor
Contributor
Received an email that my account was hacked. Called in spoke with David, was asked to rectify it by buying 2 google play cards. Was defrauded by a 3rd party and bought 2 iTunes cards of 100$ Spoke once again with David, and bought the google cards 2x100$ . Now out 400$ spoke with Abby and he wants an extra 200$ card because of protocol.....serious? This is ridiculous! I'm told...trust them and do I believe in God! Super peeved right now.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ticked1

What number did you phone because that did not sound like customer services !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you get the number from google?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ticked1
Contributor
Contributor
Yes...the number was from google. I tried several, got several employee numbers...the works! I have never been taken by someone, but dang, I must admit this time they are prepared.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ticked1

You should always scroll down to help / contact bottom of paypal pages and use the phone option listed on their site.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ticked1
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks...twice was the number at the bottom. The other times I admit no. Yes my account has officially been hacked, I guess too much info back and forth, so they got me good! Thanks for the info, still out 400$ ugh
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.