Fraud

Boone66
Contributor
Contributor
I can’t seem to get anyone from PayPal to answer a telephone. Yesterday I had someone initiate a transfer of $1000 from my bank in to PayPal. I’m reporting it to my bank is fraud because I can’t seem to get a resolution. Does anyone else have this type of problem?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Zeff2
New Community Member
This literally happened to me today too! I’m freaking out! You can’t get ahold of anyone and said i had to open a dispute which they will answer by sept 12th! That’s ridiculous! My bank said they can’t cancel because the payment was pending and not posted yet..
Login to Me Too

Boone66
Contributor
Contributor
I reported it to my bank as fraud. I was doing a stop payment on it and willing to pay the $30. My bank said they classified it as fraud and would have the money back in my account within 24 hours. As soon as this gets resolved I am going to cancel my PayPal which is sad because I’ve had the same account for 18 years.
Login to Me Too

Fraudulent912
New Community Member
I plan to do the same and have had PayPal for years. Had I known of their inability to handle disputes I would never have used them.
Login to Me Too

Fraudulent912
New Community Member
I have been on hold for over 3 hours and 15 minutes and had the same amount taken as you. This is the worst I have ever seen. The system will. It allow me to report fraud on the resolution center saying my account can’t be closed and I am unable to file a case. This is sad.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.