Fraud

AugustA1
Contributor
Contributor

Please, please be carful with buyers. Check the emails, check the payments. Familiarise with original PayPal emails and differences from a fake once. Today I detect a fake buyer in three simple ways. It was not a first scam I had through eBay. It’s a shame really! But... here are the 3 simple ways to detect a fraud buyer. First - The buyer was too quick to buy a very expensive item. Second - was willing to pay for any value I was offering ( normally eBay customers looking for a bargain, not splashing their money right, left and centre. Thirdly - the email I received with a confirmation was very different from a original PayPal emails. Also it said pending. PayPal would never pend your instant payment transactions. Be carful and aware. Today I had a scam from <removed>. If you see this email please do not send your item and report it straight away

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AugustA1 

Even easier way to detect a scam is that they DO NOT PAY.

No funds in your paypal balance = they have not paid.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AugustA1 

Even easier way to detect a scam is that they DO NOT PAY.

No funds in your paypal balance = they have not paid.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Wes23
New Community Member

I had a buyer try to buy my item... they wanted to pay via paypal outside via ebay; probably with a hacked paypal email. If I did receive the money then I paypal would probably take it back from me when the paypal account holder discovered the fraud. 

Is there an easy way to report "attempted" fraud within ebay messaging area? NOPE. 

Is there an easy way to report "attempted" fraud on paypal? Can't find an easy one; ( found a spot to report phishing mails ) 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.