Fraud.

Queenbee85
Contributor
Contributor
I’m interested on this iPad, and this guy add his phone number on EBay I bid on, so I contacted him directly. He said he wanted to sell it quick so I can have it for $700 Out off eBay, because the bidding still going he said he can cancel the bid for me and he asked if I want him to postage directly. He asked me to transfer directly to his bank account and he sent me an ID CARD his name is Malcom O’Neill. So I paid through PayPal, His Firts PayPal name was KRZYSZTOF WIACEK, he said it’s his father name. he said “oh I don’t want use PayPal” so he refunded to me without I’m asking. And then he sent me his bank account, which I don’t want to transfer. So I still want using PayPal so he send me second email the name was MATTHEW DIEMAR. I asked who is that, it’s his brother. And he said, you know I canceled the eBay but I can continue and I’ll mark paid so you transfer directly to me, I said no. He said that it’s too long now, I have to wait for 20 days to get the money coz I need money for my car, he asked to transfer directly. I still refuse. I said alright I still want to pay with PayPal. And I’m done with you. He said ok with PayPal is fine. The third email was different again, AAFAQ VIRK. I’m an idiot that I didn’t wake up from my stupidity and I transferred through PayPal I THOUGHT ITS SAFE. I asked him the tracking number and it doesn’t work. He said he sent me. And then he asked my email, he didn’t sent me. I called my bank ANZ he said “by him refunded it to me through PayPal it will shows him my account number and the details. Which he can use it. I tried to report PayPal but it says “ I CAN’T FILE A CASE ON THIS TYPE OF TRANSACTION” if I can even file a report of any case then PAYPAL IS NOT SAFE!!! HOW COULD HE HAS SO MANY DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS???? Anyone please help me....
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PotpotHo
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Queenbee85, is the payment sent as Friends and Family or Goods and Services? Transaction made as Friends and Family is not covered by the Purchase Protection and that might be the reason why it did not let you file a case. But you can file disoute thru your bank. As you can see signing up for a PayPal account is free but PayPal has different way to verify those kind of information. You may refer to this link to check Buyer Protection coverage. https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_AU#purchase-protection Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Stef78
Contributor
Contributor
Krzysztof J Wiacek Is a thief From 1/262 carrinton street Hilton WA 6163 Please do not engage in PayPal transactions with this person . He will rip you off , claiming that the item sent him is faulty and winning case through PayPal and have a hold on the money plus keep the item. This person is a fraud !
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.