Fraud

Justme20
Contributor
Contributor
Does anyone know how to get in touch with someone. After all the phone prompts they say closed due to Covid 19. They originally say longer wait times, etc but not so. I have had 21 thousand dollars taken from my bank account via PayPal! I have filled out a police report, tried to call PayPal and have sent messages. This is the 3rd day with NO response. WTH!!!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Justme20 

Live chat (when available) or message them via the message centre in your paypal account.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Justme20 

Live chat (when available) or message them via the message centre in your paypal account.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Justme20
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you. I will try via FB. I have been sending them messages daily.
Login to Me Too

Kristian0501
Contributor
Contributor
The same thing happened to me. Call your bank and have them cancel the payment immediately. Money is not taken right away so your bank can freeze or stop the payment. Waiting for Paypal is a waste of time.
Login to Me Too

jcham69
Contributor
Contributor

My computer remotely was hacked. $28,900 item!! Paypal was 1st one to notify me of fraud then determined it wasn't and closed the ticket and told me to take it up with the seller. I did. Item was shipped and returned. Fraud committed on 8th, item refused at door from fedex on 10th, item signed for back at sellers office at 10:11 am on 11th. Ebay has transaction listed as fraudulent yet transaction in my 'purchase' history still says it will be delivered by 12th. Seller says he has item and paypal hasn't paid him yet Paypal still trying to withdraw $$ on 29th!! 22 days and Paypal still jacking me around. Totally stressed out. Can't get ahold of anyone. When you try the chat they just stop chatting with you. STILL don't have any resolution.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230526CE
Contributor
Contributor

Dude paypal is not on your side, sorry but you're **bleep**. Go to your bank.

I had fraud as well.

the seller even provided a bogus tracking number that predated my purchase by a month.

All that Paypal had to do was plug the tracking number into google and cross reference the data in my case and it could be solved in 5 minutes.

If they can't even do that, then you're seriously **bleep**.

Good luck!

Login to Me Too

jcham69
Contributor
Contributor

After 31 days Paypal has finally moved me to 'refund' status. EBay still has locked up and says - congratulations! You'll receive your item by JUNE 12th. HAHAHAHAHA! ARGH! My bank was my lifesaver and was wonderful.

Someone posted that the only way to get ahold of someone at Paypal with all this Covid stuff is to go to the paypal facebook page and IM (message) them??!! I thought they were nuts but after doing so and carrying on a 6 day conversation with like 10 different techs (all in same thread - you don't close out conversation) I was finally able to get some forward progress.

Good luck to you!

Login to Me Too

CaptOle
New Community Member

Yea I just bought a bogus product off of a Google search. Top ad result and completely fooled me. The guys are getting good at faking company logos and website feel. In any case, I called my bank to do a stop charge from this site. I don't think I will use it for much longer. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.