Fraud

Lupanyx
New Community Member

Hey, I have paid for something via f&f option with a private seller that I've ordered something from before, so I chose to trust. I am not the only one, but there are about 20 others who did the same. Now that person stopped working and doesn't do the orders still left to do. As the payment wasn't done with g&s for any of us, we can't open a dispute. Is there any way to deal with the situation & to make sure that person can't do the same again?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lupanyx 

1. You can report them for selling and requesting payment via friends/family BUT its also against paypal rules to send payments for items using that option so both accounts may be at risk of being limited.

2. If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you.

3. Private legal action if available in your country maybe?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lupanyx 

1. You can report them for selling and requesting payment via friends/family BUT its also against paypal rules to send payments for items using that option so both accounts may be at risk of being limited.

2. If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you.

3. Private legal action if available in your country maybe?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.