Fraud

Marwa7
New Community Member
How can I report someone using my credit card on a PayPal account! Although I just made my account just to figure out what is going on! This has been going for 2 days and whoever is using my card is purchasing small purchases under my name! I only knew because of the bank texts that I received with every payment! Can anyone please help!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Marwa7,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear that there have been payments made without your permission.We would certainly investigate this for you.

If you are able to log in to your PayPal account, follow these steps:

1. Click Help at the top of the page.
  2. Click Resolution Center.
  3. Click Report a problem.
  4. Select the transaction you want to contest and click Continue.
    • Keep in mind that, by default, any transactions made in last 30 days will appear in the menu. If your purchase was prior to this, you will need to increase the interval of dates in the calendar and click ‘Show’.
  5. Select Unauthorized transaction and click Continue.
  6. Follow the steps to inform us of your difficulty with the transaction.

We may also ask you to enter some account information to confirm that you own the account. If so, enter the information and click Continue.

We review this information carefully. We can usually let you know the results of our review within 10 business days.

Please be aware though that when you add a card to your account there is a charge of $1.00 USD used to check the details. This is quickly refunded but you may see the charge on your bank. You will also see a small charge for confirming your card which is refunded when the process is complete.

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Apasara
Contributor
Contributor

I made a payment to a fraud account. I tried opening a case but PayPal closed it right away within 24 hours. I cannot reopen the case. and I tried calling customer service for days but no agent is always available. The same thing goes with chatting,. I sent a big amount and no matter how hard I try to reach out, PayPal is not responding to anything. I desperately need help with this.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.