Fraud with unauthorized transaction in my account

Nikos16
New Community Member

Hello I have a problem and I need your opinion. I have received suddenly today a receipt at my emails about a transaction I made with PayPal. When I logged in to my account I saw that i have paid about 100 Euros for a product regarding something about Google ad. The first thing I did is open a dispute about this transaction and change my password. I can't log out my credit card because the transaction still is not competed. Do I have to do something else to protect my account? And so you think I will take my money back from this obvious non-authorized by me transaction? About how many days will it take to complete? Any answers will be vet helpful. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nikos16

Contact Google. Look in the transaction details for Google contact info to report the unauthorized payment. Alert your credit card issuer immediately. People forget that. They are very good at protecting your account against unauthorized charges. Either log on to your credit card account online to dispute the charge or call the number on the back of the card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Nikos16
New Community Member
Thanks for your answer. We'll the transaction doesn't say google as the seller but a strange email name. I just saw that tje product information mentions something about Google ads. Anyway. I will have to wait to inform my bank cause If I do they will cancel my card and i won't be able to take my money back form paypal. What I want to know is if PayPal has a good system regarding these types of fraud and refund situations. About how many days should I have to wait to take my money back.?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.