Fraud web site fitslive.com

ButchJ1949
Contributor
Contributor

I "believed" that PayPal is honorable, but I am having 2nd thoughts. If PayPal gets a new seller request, would it not be reasonable to ASSUME that PayPal would research the new seller before accepting my payment and sending it to the new seller (fitslive.com)?  I made a $75 purchase during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday time frame with all the huge sales, the seller sends PayPal a tracking number, then PayPal sends to me....which is the way it works, but the tracking number according to USPO was delivered "correctly" to a different address instead of going to me.  So the seller made a mistake, sorry the site is closed and no response to the seller's PayPal listed email address in my attempts to get correct tracking number.  The site has closed down, the email is not being answered and PayPal says it will not refund my money.  I thought PayPal was honorable, but for $75 they are willing to sell their honor to protect their poor researching of new sellers.

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

ButchJ1949
Contributor
Contributor

It is to my amazement that PayPal will put the profit (a small percentage) they make off the fraudulent sellers over the fraud charges the buyers have shown.  Where is the honor in PayPal?

Login to Me Too

ButchJ1949
Contributor
Contributor

I just recied this email message form USPS:

Thank you for contacting the U.S. Postal Inspection Service.  The information you provided has been entered into our national Fraud Complaint System.  Your reference number is C#1923682.  If we need more information, you will be contacted directly.  Please hold on to any original documents related to your complaint.

Please note that Postal Inspectors do not have the authority to ensure that your losses are refunded.

We may share the information you provided with other agencies when there is a possible violation within their jurisdiction.

Login to Me Too

Talula88
Contributor
Contributor

Check out the "Scam site?" thread. Apparently someone had an identical problem with a different website and received a refund from PayPal. Hmmm....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.