Fraud web site fitslive.com

ButchJ1949
Contributor
Contributor

I "believed" that PayPal is honorable, but I am having 2nd thoughts. If PayPal gets a new seller request, would it not be reasonable to ASSUME that PayPal would research the new seller before accepting my payment and sending it to the new seller (fitslive.com)?  I made a $75 purchase during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday time frame with all the huge sales, the seller sends PayPal a tracking number, then PayPal sends to me....which is the way it works, but the tracking number according to USPO was delivered "correctly" to a different address instead of going to me.  So the seller made a mistake, sorry the site is closed and no response to the seller's PayPal listed email address in my attempts to get correct tracking number.  The site has closed down, the email is not being answered and PayPal says it will not refund my money.  I thought PayPal was honorable, but for $75 they are willing to sell their honor to protect their poor researching of new sellers.

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

writeroxie
Contributor
Contributor

I'm going through the same thing. I bought something through fitslive.com and paid via PayPal and after about 10 days I got suspicious so I googled the site and sure enough there are many people who got scammed. I noticed their site was taken down and at this point (which was a few days ago) I reached out to Paypal to tell them about the scam because the payment to fitslive was still pending. They assured me I'm covered if it doesn't arrive, so now the status has changed to shipped and I have no reason to think this item was ever even shipped. 

I re-searched for the item I bought and it showed up at the same too good to be true price on a new site called morclothes.com It's the same scammer. I wonder when that site will suddenly disappear.

Login to Me Too

ButchJ1949
Contributor
Contributor

I would be interested if you get a tracking number.  I got one, but it was for another address and since PayPal got a DELIVERED notice for the tracking number that PayPal got from the FRAUD seller (fitslive.com) and then passed on to me (I assume that PayPal must ASSUME that the seller would never be dishonest and that the buyer is just another sucker), anyway I cannot get a refund because the package was delivered, but not to me and PayPal does not care.  Keep us posted.

Login to Me Too

deanehardyce
Contributor
Contributor

I just submitted my claim for my purchase Nov 28th.  Same issues as everyone else (showing shipped).  I actually tried to cancel the payment later that same day but the option to cancel wasn't available in my activity profile.  I thought when someone had Paypal as a payment option that it was safe and I was protected but from the postings it doesn't sound like it.  This is very disappointing to hear and I'll have to rethink about using Paypal again.

Login to Me Too

nosnivhamburger
Contributor
Contributor

I was able to appeal my case and have collected documentation from USPS showing that the bogus tracking number wasn't my address.   Now they are 'reviewing' but no refund as of yet...  Been using Paypal for 15 years - done!

Login to Me Too

ButchJ1949
Contributor
Contributor

How lopsided PayPal refund review is, I sent tracking number delivery address to PayPal showing that item was not "intended" to be delivered to my address, but I have not received a review notice.  PayPal is still allowing these fraud sites to swindle the PayPal customers.  How dishonest.

Login to Me Too

ButchJ1949
Contributor
Contributor

Please keep us posted on any updates, thanks.

I have opened USPS mail fraud case (04686715 on 8 Dec) but have not got a reply, except to let me know by auto reply that I have opened a case.  In my opinion, if USPS reviews mail fraud and sees that PayPal is assisting in this fraud, this could mean trouble.  By working with the few of us that have filed for refunds against fitslive.com, then it would show an attempt to resolve the problem but instead if PayPal keeps their "head-in-the-sand" and ignores the issue. Could PayPal be considered as co-conspirators?

Login to Me Too

writeroxie
Contributor
Contributor

I did get a China Post tracking number - populated and notified through Paypal's automated system. The last tracking status was it being put on a plane. Estimated delivery still has 16 days to go. So I'm just waiting for the day it says "Delivered" and it off course won't be like all the other victims of this scam.

Login to Me Too

ButchJ1949
Contributor
Contributor

If you got a China post mark, then you have a strong  possibility that you will get your package. That is only my feeble opinion.  Mine and others' problem is that we got USPS tracking number that was actually assigned to another customer. USPS mail fraud.  That is why I opened the mail fraud case.  Good luck.

Login to Me Too

deanehardyce
Contributor
Contributor

Still, it's very suspicious that the website closed down.  I guess we'll see.  At least my purchase was only $35.

Login to Me Too

deanehardyce
Contributor
Contributor

I was wondering if you tracked your package from https://www.packages24.com  I've ordered from Chinese merchants before through eBay and they have shipped from China Post to U.S. Once it lands it U.S. it's either been delivered via USPS or another service. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.