Fraud web site fitslive.com

ButchJ1949
Contributor
Contributor

I "believed" that PayPal is honorable, but I am having 2nd thoughts. If PayPal gets a new seller request, would it not be reasonable to ASSUME that PayPal would research the new seller before accepting my payment and sending it to the new seller (fitslive.com)?  I made a $75 purchase during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday time frame with all the huge sales, the seller sends PayPal a tracking number, then PayPal sends to me....which is the way it works, but the tracking number according to USPO was delivered "correctly" to a different address instead of going to me.  So the seller made a mistake, sorry the site is closed and no response to the seller's PayPal listed email address in my attempts to get correct tracking number.  The site has closed down, the email is not being answered and PayPal says it will not refund my money.  I thought PayPal was honorable, but for $75 they are willing to sell their honor to protect their poor researching of new sellers.

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ButchJ1949 

Disclaimer of Warranty & Release

No warranty

The PayPal services are provided “as-is” and without any representation or warranty, whether express, implied or statutory. PayPal specifically disclaims any implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.

PayPal does not have any control over the products or services provided by sellers who accept PayPal as a payment method, and PayPal cannot ensure that a buyer or a seller you are dealing with will actually complete the transaction or is authorized to do so. PayPal does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to any part of the PayPal services, and operation of our websites, software, or systems (including any networks and servers used to provide any of the PayPal services) operated by us or on our behalf may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control. PayPal will make reasonable efforts to ensure that requests for electronic debits and credits involving bank accounts, debit cards, credit cards, and check issuances are processed in a timely manner but PayPal makes no representations or warranties regarding the amount of time needed to complete processing because the PayPal services are dependent upon many factors outside of our control, such as delays in the banking system or the U.S. or international mail service. Some states do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, so the foregoing disclaimers may not apply to you.

What you should do is go to USPS, get official documentation that the address on the mailing label is not your street address, file a police or ic3.gov report, pdf it all and appeal your case in the Resolution Center or by calling customer service with this information. If PayPal refuses to refund and you paid with credit card, dispute the transaction through them, providing the information you've gathered.

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Please shop with merchants you know and are reputable. Do research on websites first before buying. We are our last line of defense against these kinds of sellers and stay aware. Even a company as big as PayPal, they can not micro manage each and ever seller to see if they are on the up and up.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ButchJ1949
Contributor
Contributor

A PayPal seller committed FRAUD and PayPal hides in their legal closet instead of being an honorable company and fight to stop the frauds.  As with too many companies now a days, it is the "profit line" not the customer that influences their behavior.  What a shame and it is happening all to often. Without GOOD customer relations a company can soon go down hill due to putting profits above customer relations.   I received my declined refund notice so fast that I tend to believe it was an AUTO reply message, not a true investigation. An auto reply of declining refund whenever a refund request mentions "tracking number" because PayPal knows about the problem but has taken NO action to fix it, but instead puts the whole responsibility on the PayPal customer.The tracking number ploy seems to be a standard practice so why does PayPal deny this and instead work to resolve the problem.  As fast as I got notice that my refund was denied leads me to believe that they have experienced the tracking number fraud many times before and still show no progress to solve the problem.  PayPal seems to be worried about profits more than their customers....such a shame.  If nothing else, PayPal should accept that they have a tracking number fraud problem, work to resolve it and assist customers to get refund. Not everything in life is about the "profit line".  Honor above profit should be the new goal of PayPal. As a 70 year old veteran, as a previous small business owner, as a father of a veteran of 5 war zone deployments, my goal was always to be a "nice guy" and my son lives to achieve that goal. He is a nice guy and lives it everyday.  Very proud of my Son. PayPal should try being "a nice guy" it gives one a nice warm fuzzy feeling of being good to others and I believe brings good Karma. This is the holiday season and PayPal knocked the wind out of me, $75 might be a small amount but I am retired and live on $26,000 a year (below poverty line, but I planned ahead to be here and to be rather comfortable at this $) so I must be prudent on how I spent money and need help occasionally with BAD companies.

Login to Me Too

gavlar_1990
Contributor
Contributor
I had the exact same issue.. fraudulent website and PayPal does’t want to know when disputing the transaction after not receiving the goods. They immediately closed the dispute after all the seller did was ‘provide a tracking number showing it was delivered’. This could have been any tracking number (and it was) but does not confirm the address of delivery is correct. I am extremely disappointed with PayPal how this has been handled and I expected a much higher standard of professionalism from a site with such reputation. Paypal, the faster ‘safer’ way to send money..
Login to Me Too

nosnivhamburger
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing here, purchased a curved monitor 11/29/2019 and they sent a tracking number showing it was delivered in my mailbox 12/7/2019 but nothing was ever sent.  Scam.  Looks like the fitslive.com site is down now thankfully.  

Login to Me Too

nosnivhamburger
Contributor
Contributor

Well Paypal denied my case, what the **bleep**!?  I even gave them a link to this thread.  

Login to Me Too

Talula88
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. My dispute is technically still open - so by now they are fully aware of the scam - but if they don't issue a refund I'm done with PayPal. There's a reason these scam websites only accept PayPal for payments; the company is essentially aiding and abetting their illegal activity. I would think it would be in PayPal's best interest to revisit this issue.

Login to Me Too

weilerd2
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing here. Ordered from fitslive.com, paid with PayPal, delivery was confirmed via USPS but the delivery WAS NOT made. I opened a case with PayPal who emailed the seller who told PayPal that the item was delivered (though it was not). They immediately closed the case, siding with the fraudulent seller. With several confirmed cases of scamming buyers. It almost seems like PayPal and teh USPS are working hand in hand with the scammers. Opened cases are closed immediately, with the scammers coming out on top. I thought PayPal was supposed to be protecting us from that?? VERY DISAPPOINTED!

Login to Me Too

ButchJ1949
Contributor
Contributor

I do not include USPS but did open a mail fraud case which is slow for replies, but I do hold PayPal responsible for:

1-not doing better research before allowing a seller to use PayPal....just **bleep** poor business model.

2-not truly investigating a buyers complaint, just sends AUTO reply email declining refund request

3-not acting accordingly when a buyer asks via CHAT about fitslive.com and if there were bad reports, but are told no problem, which according to this community messaging FRAUD sites have been a problem for quite a while.

4-not being an honorable company.

Login to Me Too

ButchJ1949
Contributor
Contributor

Just an FYI:  I offered to search fraud web sites that use PayPal, PayPal has not responded.

Before I made my $75 purchase (which was during the Black Friday/ Cyber Monday sales), I was skeptical because the price was low (remember it was during the Black Friday/ Cyber Monday sales), so I logged into PayPal, started a CHAT and asked if fitslive.com was having reported issues.  The response I got was for me to provide purchase info, I said I was only requesting if the site had issues, they said none were reported.  From reading all the replies PayPal chat "lied" to me.  This can be easily checked by PayPal.....or since they cannot see issues with fitslive.com then maybe they can't find the chat.  We depend on companies to be fair and honest.  At least PayPal should take 1/2 the responsibility and refund 1/2 my purchase amount.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.