Fraud transaction not made by myself showing pending in bank account but not in pp account.

Truffles23
Contributor
Contributor

Our bank notified us today of some attempted fraud transactions. Most were blocked but the first one, using PayPal is showing as pending on the bank a/c but doesn’t show up in either of our PayPal accounts. The bank is unable to stop the payment at this stage and will have to approach the seller when it goes through. Will we get our money back as it was obviously not properly authorised? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Iris

Hello @Truffles23,

Welcome to PayPal Community! I realize there may be a pending payment that may be causing some concern. I know this can be frustrating. Generally, if a payment has been returned on PayPal's end, it may take a moment for the funds to change from 'pending' to 'reversed' or 'refunded' on your bank's side. This process can take 3-5 business days. If after that estimated timeframe has passed and the payment is not returned to you, you can seek additional options from your bank if your PayPal accounts are not reflecting any completed transactions. 

I hope this helps clarify things for you. 

Iris
If you find this post helpful, feel free to provide kudos or accept a post as a solution to help make our community better.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Iris

Hello @Truffles23,

Welcome to PayPal Community! I realize there may be a pending payment that may be causing some concern. I know this can be frustrating. Generally, if a payment has been returned on PayPal's end, it may take a moment for the funds to change from 'pending' to 'reversed' or 'refunded' on your bank's side. This process can take 3-5 business days. If after that estimated timeframe has passed and the payment is not returned to you, you can seek additional options from your bank if your PayPal accounts are not reflecting any completed transactions. 

I hope this helps clarify things for you. 

Iris
If you find this post helpful, feel free to provide kudos or accept a post as a solution to help make our community better.
Login to Me Too

Truffles23
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. I should’ve updated my post to say that we received a refund from PayPal/bank within hours of the fraudulent payment going out. The thief had obviously added our bank card to his own pp account which is why it didn’t show in ours. It was cancelled by the bank immediately afterwards.

Excellent service from bank and pp. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.