Fraud scammer conned advice theft

Issyrascal
Contributor
Contributor
Hi just wondering if anyone has any sort of advice because I am sick to death of PayPal customer service not taking me seriously. I bought a Rolex watch for around 13k and paid the seller through eBay. Never heard from him after I sent the payment. I started a dispute because it was too late to cancel the transaction (rang up and tried) they told me they will have to open a case saying I never received my item. Funnily enough the seller uploads the information and the package has already been delivered and signed for 3 days before! Royal Mail are currently now investigating this as are the police as I have reported this guy because he seriously done me over. I’ve even hired a private investigator to try and get me some info on him because I know the police won’t take it seriously. He’s posing to be a seller who owns a company in West Midlands called BATTERY EXAMINATION AND TRAINING SEEVICES LTD but posted my item from a post office 20 mins away in London. Now the seller is seriously clever because he’s offered me a refund (after I hounded his mobile letting him know I had rang the police as I knew what he was doing) but now I have to send a package back to this guys return address (random address up north for a chartered accountants) and he has to conform to PayPal that he’s received it ?! Not sure how I’ll send a parcel when I don’t have one but if anyone can help me please give me advice
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Issyrascal
Contributor
Contributor
Hi sorry I didn’t pay through eBay just to be clear - I saw the watch on eBay and seller said he wanted me to pay through PayPal to avoid paying eBay fees
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Issyrascal 

So you helped the seller break ebay rules to negate paying their seller fees and paid via paypal direct instead.

Wow i would not buy a pricy item from a seller that did that, red flags would be waving at that point as it would seem to be a hijacked ebay account.

Anyway did you pay via goods/services OR did you give away the last bit of your buyer protection by sending friends/family?

Hopefully you either paid via goods/services and put a FULL DESCRIPTION of the item you were paying for on the payment notice OR you got the seller to send you an invoice FULLY DESCRIBING the item you were paying for.

If so then if you filed non receipt and the seller sent fake tracking you may still be ok and win the dispute BUT if not post back here on how to appeal a fake tracking number dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Issyrascal
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your response, I appreciate I have done something really stupid but just generally looking for help and advice. I paid via goods and services I made sure it wasn’t friends and family as I’m aware of this type of easy scam! In the description he wrote “Here is the invoice for your Rolex watch” and he sent me the invoice which I then replied to and sent the money. Obviously with PayPal buyer protection I assumed I would have full protection (not realising he was going to do a 007 on me with Royal Mail) and could easily get the money back. I have spoken to Royal Mail since and escalated my case due to the significant amount. They are adamant there was no parcel for me on that day as they know me well and the parcel was scanned at the DO. Their security teams are now investigating as they know something is really wrong here. I’ve changed my case type to not received item and apparently he has to get back to them with some sort of proof of address/postage so I’m not sure what he will go back to them with. Meantime PayPal is not taking me seriously at all I don’t even think anyone that I’ve spoken to believes me due to them having a signature and everything. The seller still has the cheek to message me from his eBay account and is asking me for the tracking number for the item I’m returning Thanks
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.