Fraud scam

Shilpa6
New Community Member
Shaw Academy educational program gave 30 days free trail for which I have enrolled and they asked to schedule 2 classes every week which are free for 1st 30 days. I have enrolled for one class today and when I entered the class link they charged $69.99 from my account and when I try to contact the number which they have given, it asks for a student no. Which they sent to my email id. Once I enter that number into the call, automated message said its wrong number and hung the call. Its a big scam. I opened a dispute in PayPal. Will I get my money back?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

RavenousMaximus
Contributor
Contributor

No, you will not.  Apparently Pay Pal's main source of income is from scammers who are pay selling fees off your loss.  If they refund you, Pay Pal will also lose the fees they made from the scammer.  They don't like that, so it is most likely they won't refund you.  I had an issue with a Facebook Ad that advertised to be American based, but after I purchased it, I received a tracking number from China.  And then about a month later, I received some junk from China in place of the item I ordered.  So I opened the dispute in the Dispute Council and no matter how much evidence I provided, they considered all of my evidences as dismissable so they closed the case in the scammer's favor.  So yeah, Pay Pal is corrupted.  They use the level of trust they have built over their first decade of existence to now turn heel.    Another instance similar to this, the customer service rep promised me a full refund over the phone and after hanging up with the paypal customer service rep., I checked my Pay Pal's case status and found it to be closed in the scammer's favor.  I did not get my money back.  So here I am online trying to let as many people as possible know about this so they can close their paypal account and not use it.  Pay Pal is no longer an honest website and it is now a fraudulent website.  DO what I am doing, report paypal to IC3.gov.  Pay Pal is so bad now, they even have customer service reps flat out lie to all of their customers to support all scammers. Their resolution center is corrupted and all decisions have already been made against all buyers.  They won't support you unless your account has actually been hacked and that is pretty much all the support you will get.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.