Fraud resolution against me: How is this possible??

HzaH
New Community Member

I've never had to come in here ever, but I'm shocked. 
I woke up early. Checked my email to see an email notice from PayPal, about an automated payment to FB. ??? I was sure this was phishing, so I took a close look at the email to look for signs of phishing. I was ready to even fwd it to PP to let them know. I noticed another one or 2 hrs before. So, I put my phone down and jumped in my laptop to search this out like - is this a common scam. During my search, I see a 3rd notification of a payment happen in real time, again being made to FB, so I log in right away: change my password and turn on 2FA
I then look over these charges and I'm complete disbelief. I have a semi dormant FB acct that I use to reply to messages and read a running group. I don't do any commerce there at all (nor would I ever think of doing so). I keep all platforms completely disconnected. So I immediately report this, only to be told a few hours later that this was in fact an authorized payment. I'm totally agape. I'm trying to figure out HOW this could have happen - and I get no details from any agent. Just that my request has been denied. How secure in this platform?? I've only had one dispute ever against someone who scammed me. But i've never, ever had a FB charge, so this was already unusual as a pattern. I have some invoicing on it's way to PP and now I'm nervous as hell as it's connected to a few more accts where I transfer funds. IDK. This is upsetting as I sense I was just discarded as a real inquiry. What kind of authorized payment goes through 3 times in 2 hrs between 5a and 7a? Has anyone had this one happen? I know FB is likely full of as many scammers as users. I'm just shocked, and I'm trying to figure out how to move fwd. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HzaH 

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.