Fraud on Xoom

Aly22
New Community Member
Can I file a dispute through paypal if it was through Xoom? I Noticed money was taken out of my bank account and it shows it was through Xoom, but I don't have a Xoom account.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aly22 

Report it to your bank as unauthorized because the transaction appears there and not on your PayPal account.

Or follow the advice on this post:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Protections/Xoom-com-Unauthorized-withdrawals/m-p/1475429/...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aly22 

Report it to your bank as unauthorized because the transaction appears there and not on your PayPal account.

Or follow the advice on this post:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Protections/Xoom-com-Unauthorized-withdrawals/m-p/1475429/...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Biznessman
Contributor
Contributor
Did it show the bank or company ? This just happened to me
Login to Me Too

BlazingSun
New Community Member

I wanted to transfer some funds to the bank account of my wife.

Because I wanted that deducted from my PayPal account, I was redirected to Xoom.

When the funds showed up in my wife's account, it showed as coming from B/O Trustly Group AB (not PayPal or Xoom).

On my PayPal account is a transfer to Xoom (plus the commission fee), but is was taken from my bank account and NOT from my PayPal balance!!!

Why wasn't the amount deducted from my PP balance?

I've could send the funds immediately from my bank to the other account and SAVE PAYING THE XOOM FEE!

The CONTACT US section of PayPal doesn't give a contact us possibility, but sends me around in their FAQ's.

If they had an email account mentioned, I would not need to tell this story here...

I am very irritated by the non-accessability of the so-called CONTACT-US policy nowadays.

Login to Me Too

Southside3
New Community Member

7-13-2021

I have a Xoom sign-on and password.
I have used Xoom in the past to send money to our friends in Mexico and they pick it up at Walmart in Cabo San Lucas, Mx.
Xoom has cancelled every attempt I have made to send money to my friend. They are in need of these funds.
Xoom is not stating "WHY" the transaction(s) are being cancelled.
How do I find out why Xoom will not allow me to send funds???????
PayPal is no help when it comes to problems with Xoom. I have used Xoom and it was great, not now.
I also get the run around on the FAQ page. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.