Fraud from China

JJ882
Contributor
Contributor
My wife ordered 2 chairs which never arrived. The seller never communicated at all. Nothing. No despatch, no tracking no delivery. However when we raised a dispute with PayPal the seller still didn't respond to us but they sent some presumably fake made up despatch details to PayPal and Paypal ruled against us and there seems to be no way to discuss or appeal. The purchase had buyer protection so this has completely knocked our faith o. PayPal and it seems they cam be played like a piano for distance selling fraud
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

JJ882
Contributor
Contributor
One week later. No answers or help from the "paypal community" not even from PayPal moderator or customer service. Typical PayPal too big to notice or care
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JJ882 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JJ882
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the helpful advice.

Unfortunately the seller never responded to communications asking about where the item was and never communicated about having allegedly sent the item. The only time the seller has communicated was when we raised a dispute via Paypal and the only response was to Paypal to give a desptach number. 

The advice would be fine for a genuine seller but I think we will have to try the chargeback option if Paypal won't reconsider.

Thanks again.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor
@JJ882 Confused as no part of my above advice told you to contact the seller !

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JJ882
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks but you said: "To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went."

I don't see how I can get that information as Paypal won't provide it and the Seller won't communicate. The seller never gave us an item number or despatch number all they ever did was place facebook marketing, take the paypal payment and give Paypal a despatch number. I will try but I don't thin I can even use the tracking link because I only have a case and a transaction.

Thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too

alfadevon
Contributor
Contributor

My situation is the same. A Chinese company still trading on Ebay, sold me a petrol power washer. There was a oil

leak from the pressure water pump. I contacted the company who is based in China but had their stock here in UK.

They wanted to have video evidence of the leak, which I sent. Claimed they never received it. The Manual for the power washer

had an Aldi email address and phone number. I phoned Aldi. They needed the original receipt, which I can't get. They explained that people bought from them and sold on to to others, in this case via ebay. Aldi gave me a phone number of a firm that repaired their machines in Austria. That company

needed the original receipt also. Ebay could not help. PayPal could not but said to get in touch with my Bank. They took 2 months to tell me that 

they could not help because my original claim was over the time limit from the time of purchase. So I put this to the community but something must have gone wrong with the post as I have not had any answers yet.

Login to Me Too

JJ882
Contributor
Contributor

sorry to hear that. It is also an ebay issue sometimes, when the seller places and ad that makes it sound like their own product when really they are just ordering via like you say Aldi, I have had this with a dolls house that was supposed to be from a little craft company and got shipped to us via Argos and was in fact .... an Argos product, very annoying but at least the dolls house didn't have an issue. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.