Fraud followed by deletion of PP transaction from PP file

freedum2
New Community Member

Yesterday, I called for printer help via online telephone# in US. Got seduced into allowing the thief access to my computer to fix the problem.  He said and I called a place that seemed like it was HP Repairs.  He found and fixed the problem for free.  He offered a range of products, one being Cisco Meraki MX65 for $419.  I bought the protective service without fully understanding it.  He the vendor, a tech store not online, but I didn't know, would install it.  I left the computer for nearly an hour.  I returned and was asked by the supposed HP service agent to pay for the license.  PayPal was suggested.  I paid through PayPal to GD Tech  which has a gmail address.

The tech sales man promised a serial number for software supposedly interacting with my computer.  There is no software installed.  The money transferred.  There is an invoice for services, and that's it.  I received effectively nothing.  I want PayPal to help me get my money back.  Can anyone help me besides calling me a stupid mark

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.