Fraud disputes

Gabriella9
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a 3-4 person yurt type large tent thru shopify for $69.85 but I never received it. When I contacted them an order for Machi Technologies came up and showed they delivered a tiny one person child's tent. Now they do not answer my queries. I am so aggravated. I hope to resolve this somehow but I am at a dead end. Gabriella
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gabriella9 

So an order that's not even under your name(?) shows up and wrong item was shipped to a different address I take it since you didn't receive it.

Locate payment transaction in your PayPal account activity, click it, then click "Report a problem" to file an Item Not Received (INR) dispute.

You'll need to refute the seller's claim that you received item when the seller gives PayPal the tracking number, on appeal, as PayPal will initially rule in favor of the seller.

And ya “can't" file an appeal for just disagreeing with the decision; have to present new evidence to prove the wrong decision was made, just like a court case.

1. File a police report with your local PD for theft or fraud.
    1. If PD doesn't want to bother, INSIST and proclaim it is theft (or fraud), which both are punishable offenses.
    2. INSIST that your local LE forward a copy of the police report to the local PD in the buyer's location.
  2. File a theft or fraud report with courier (UPS, FedEx, or USPS Postal Inspector)
    1. Get in writing official documentation of the courier's findings
    2. USPS: Get GPS delivery coordinates, address label image or, an INTRANET REPORT should tracking #/info be expunged due to being recycled by USPS.
  3. File a fraud report with ic3.gov.
  4. Collect up all of these reports, pdf them and upload to appeal case.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Gabriella9
Contributor
Contributor
I have been exchanging emails with shopify, sending photos of package received from their partner and the description of actual product I purchased including price of $68.95. They have accepted responsibility but they will only refund money for the price of item shipped $15. and they told me to keep it. I responded by telling them I am not satisfied and will file a complete of fraud. I want mynfull refund. I will attempt to reach the last of your suggestions. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Gabriella9
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you. I did not make myself clear enough. The item they delivered is not at all what I ordered. They are not replying to my questions about the original item ordered and now I have this little paper thin child tent instead of my original order. I imagine the outline of action you proposed needs to be the same. I will hit a dead end with the police report. They refuse to even act upon real crimes reported. But I will try. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.