Fraud case issues

Queenlili5219
Contributor
Contributor
My friend was hacked on PayPal and a purchase made. . He filed a dispute on it and PayPal denied it even though literally nothing about the transaction they made matched his information. Why is PayPal such dumb **bleep** that they automatically deny a dispute when 100% evidence is right in their faces that proves its not him? Talk about **bleep** services . Sad part is it wasnt a debit or credit card transaction . It was direct from his paypal balance. So if PayPal scams him by not refunding it hes **bleep**ed entirely .
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

alisag09
Contributor
Contributor

Stop using Paypal now. My Paypal account also been hacked and someone used 800 uSD on Roblox Corp. When i tried to contact Paypal via Resolution they simply closed the case by saying that transcations were authorised. first, there is no way that we can reach the Paypal Customer centre. and also where to report such frauds.

Login to Me Too

Mjksaru
Contributor
Contributor
Omg- i’m soo **bleep** right now. This is happening to so many ppl. This nightmare ended for me. Here’s what i did. I took this “identity theft” so seriously. I reported it to FTC (easy report, just google FTC) (maybe not necessary but i also reported it to my state attorney general office and IC3 since it’s a cyber fraud) i also contacted Equifax and placed identity protection incase hacker more personal info than im aware of. After this I went to the messaging center and i typed exactly this (I’m requesting a call I need to speak to someone about the debt and fraud that happened using my account) i was very persistent after this message with my replies and asked what phone number they will be calling from. they got back to me SAME DAY I explained EVERYTHING i did and how I was the one trying to stop this fraud and they did nothing i told them about all the reports i filled and immediately i get the we will re open the dispute you filled with paypal, it will take 10 business days. Not even 4HOURS go by and I received an email that they refunded the amount and debt is removed. PLEASE REPORT THIS TO FTC. Apparently they dont take this fraud seriously until you show them you will be taking legal action against it. Please help your friend and let me know if i can help with anything.
Login to Me Too

alisag09
Contributor
Contributor
thanks i will do now. But getting such cold response from Paypal team made me to never use theier services. I will share whatever happened to me as much as possible and request people to stop using Paypal.
Login to Me Too

zin95
Contributor
Contributor

What is FTC may i know? I am from Singapore. Please help me. 

Login to Me Too

Mjksaru
Contributor
Contributor
Zin95: FTC is short for Federal Trade commission. It’s a place where you can report identity theft. Please look for identity theft reporting at your local authorities. Also CONTACT YOUR BANK right away. My bank protected me
Login to Me Too

zin95
Contributor
Contributor

ME TOO!!! yesterday Paypal unathorised transaction.JPG

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.