Fraud by paypal and china

sgold
Contributor
Contributor

Chinese seller sent merchandise that was not even close to what was describe in its promo. I started a case for a refund and was offered a partial refund by seller;I declined and wanted a full refund so was told to send item back. PAYPAL said to return merchandise and get a tracking # so they could refund my money when seller received item. They sent me a address to send item to China. This address was so long that the people in the post office laughed at me saying that the address did not look right, and this guy was Chinese. After the laughter, I asked how much to send back with tracking # would be; He said it would be $63 dollars to send, I only paid $59.99 for this item. I called Paypal the day before I went to the post office and brought my concern about the address to the rep for paypal and she said she could not be sure address would work. Well, the post office confirmed that the address was not right. Now I am waiting for paypal to get back to me. Why does paypal do business with china. I am sure this not the first time this has happened. Just say no to CHINA's products!!!!!!!!!!! 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sgold 

Why do people buy from China???

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.