Fraud and shipping expense

kriszab
Contributor
Contributor

This seller committed a bait and switch on their promised product.  
example:  If you buy a BMW and they ship you a Hyundai, you should not have to pay to return the item in order to obtain a refund!  
The products I received were falsely advertised as Linen fabric and instead I received hot polyester!  These items are ready to be shipped but there is a large return shipping cost as the return location now says China!!!

I opened a dispute and Paypal clearly did not understand my problem because they said that if I return the products, they will refund me my money.  I could have clearly done this without Paypal's help.  The seller should be forced to pay the expense of return shipping because the fraud is theirs!
It is ludicrous that I should have to absorb the cost of return when I didn’t ok the fraud.

However, I can no longer access this particular dispute other than add the tracking #.

Please help!

Please respond!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kriszab 

Pay for the return. You're not entitled to return shipping costs via dispute as PayPal can not refund more than what you paid in the transaction. You can get your return costs reimbursed, though. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kriszab 

Pay for the return. You're not entitled to return shipping costs via dispute as PayPal can not refund more than what you paid in the transaction. You can get your return costs reimbursed, though. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kriszab
Contributor
Contributor

That solution sounds great.  Hope it works out that way...I will give it a try!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Drew

Hi @Alawadhi

I understand why that would be a concerning situation. If you have proof that the seller won't pick up the item and we can confirm with your proof of postage that the seller received the item, we should refund the money. If you need additional assistance, please reach out to us on Twitter or Facebook

@kriszab, make sure you activate the 'Return Shipping On Us' program before you return the item. If you don't, we aren't able to cover the return shipping. You can activate it by clicking the link that @sharpiemarker provided. 

Regards, 

Drew

Login to Me Too

Alawadhi
Contributor
Contributor
@PayPal_Drew Yes i provided Proof of postage and i have proof from DHL that seller not taking the item from DHL and fails to clear the shipment , also you can track the shipment the tracking number i provided to my claim, i sent so many emails to paypal but all i get is we are reviewing your case... if you can check my claim and check the tracking number it will show you everything and its clear, and there is proof of delivery it says you must contact DHL.... waiting ur reply.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Alawadhi,

Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but account-specific assistance can't be provided via the Community Forum. Please reach out directly to customer service using one of the contact methods suggested by Drew, or click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website and click Call us. You can log in or click Call as a guest to get the phone number to call and speak with a representative.

I hope this is resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Alawadhi
Contributor
Contributor
@PayPal_Olivia I tried all the contacts options and never worked.. by phone is waste of time, by facebook more than 2 weeks no reply, by email all i get is we are reviewing your case, you or any of who working on payapl send me email now and i will provide all the proof for my case and eveything is clear do you need my email? Or you must have it... Waiting for paypal to contact me because i tried all the above and not worked
Login to Me Too

Alawadhi
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Olivia   @PayPal_Drew   yea still no help here or by phone or by email or Facebook, i was expecting that to happen.... PayPal just need to check the tracking number that i provided to my case and not a BOT, need real human to check my claim the tracking number it says everything and there is proof of seller not taking the item back and it says contact DHL.

i provided all the proofs that Paypal need but still...

Login to Me Too

Alawadhi
Contributor
Contributor

it happen to me also, i bought item and it was different so paypal told me to return it for refund i did and shipped the items back to the seller and provided tracking number but let me tell you, the seller not taking the item back from DHL office and item still with DHL so tracking number showing not delivered so seller still in safe and me not getting any refund for that claim still, i provided shipping label for the return and mail from DHL shows that seller not going to take the items back but still paypal not refunding my money..... too bad

you will waste more money...

Login to Me Too

JoeBlackFox

I have the same problem. I purchased 9 items and 5 of them arrived defective. I contacted the seller, sent detailed photos, but the seller refused to cover return shipping. I opened a dispute and yesterday I received an email from PayPal saying that I have to ship items back and provide a tracking number by July 1st, otherwise the dispute will be closed in seller's favor. I calculated the return shipping cost to Hong Kong - it is around $86. This is ridiculous, because this amount is almost equal to a refund I can get for the retuned items. PayPal can cover $30 maximum per claim for return shipping, so I'll lose my money in any case. I tried to explain this to PayPal, but it looks like the PayPal customers support doesn't understand my arguments or just doesn't listen to me. Unfortunately, now I can say that PayPal Buyer Protection doesn't really work.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.