Fraud and indifference from PayPal

YouHelp
New Community Member

I made a digital purchase from an eBay seller and it turned out to be a scam. eBay said its buyer guarantees did not include digital purchases so I turned to Paypal for help. After many attempts I spoke with a helpful rep who verified that the account to which the money had been spent looked suspicious. But the system decided in favor of the scammer in China, although he said he was located here, because he was able to provide a tracking number from UPS showing delivery of the software. It was a digital purchase and no physical disk was involved so it was not shipped as the scammer "proved" to the satisfaction of Paypal. In addition, I called UPS and they said it was a fraudulent tracking number. Still Paypal did nothing. I have sent three messages asking them to call me and still no return of call. Is there some alternative to Paypal that better appreciates its customers and is intelligent? 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.