Fraud and Pay Pal not helping

arffguy
New Community Member

I purchased a hammock with steel stand. I only received the hammock NO STEEL STAND. I contacted the company and they say they never have any stands. They offered 20% refund. I said I want a refund and they want me to return item to China even though it came from Ontario. Shipping with tracking to China is double the value of the item. And PayPal will only cover small part of it. PayPal says sorry nothing they can do. Even though this is obvious fraud advertising and a total scam PayPal stands behind the seller. I've always had great service with PayPal but I guess this shows that all companies change with time. I'm sending info to the media next seems like it is fraud times two now.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yeah it's abig loophole in PP policy. Scammed victim must return stuff to address of sellers choice and seller has to approve delivery before refund. Obviously scammers would not cooperate and victims lose their disputes. PP purchase protection is a sham.

Let's all stop using PP.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.