Fraud alert

Callialily
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, Dawn <removed> PayPal An update on your case You have escalated this problem to a claim and we will contact your seller for more information. NGUYEN <removed> has until June 10, 2021 to respond to PayPal. Most claims are resolved within 30 days, but it may take longer. We previously issued you a provisional credit of to your PayPal balance. This credit may get debited or made permanent based on the outcome on the case. We may need to contact you for more information during our review process. If we do, you'll need to respond within the requested timeframe. Otherwise the case may be closed and decided in the seller's favor. View the case details Transaction Details Case number PP-D-114808987 Seller's name NGUYEN <removed> Transaction amount $172.98 USD Transaction date May 28, 2021 Your transaction ID 41B52107SU046094X To learn how we review and resolve claims, you can view the PayPal User Agreement, which you accepted when you created your PayPal account. Simply click Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page. PayPal Help & Contact | Security | Apps Twitter Instagram Facebook LinkedIn PayPal is committed to preventing fraudulent emails. Emails from PayPal will always contain your full name. Learn to identify phishing Please don't reply to this email. To get in touch with us, click Help & Contact. Not sure why you received this email? Learn more Copyright © 1999-2021 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved. PayPal is located at <removed>. PayPal RT000303:en_US(en-US):1.0.0:a8632560d56d7 Pay pal needs to refund my money... not wait for a criminal to explain with their lies about shipping and delivery. Fraudulent fed ex info. Saying a 1lb pkg delivered to me yet my item weighed 55lb and was never delivered, fed ex says my address doesn't even match the address of the alleged delivery... open your eyes pay pal

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Callialily 

Paypals non receipt dispute process is automated, they couldn't possible manually check every dispute raised tracking numbers in over 200 countries worldwide.

So seller provides tracking = seller normally wins.

Then its your turn to do some work to try and get a refund from your sadly chosen ?scam China seller? (normally them if its a fake tracking number).

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Callialily
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the response. Fortunately PayPal has refunded my money to my bank! I just made sure they knew my item was not delivered, and the way I did that was I showed them my communication with fed ex. They told me they would keep an eye on the seller because I told them so many others were also scanned by the same person. Hopefully they will and people who have already suffered a loss will get their money back. I would just advise everyone to stay vigilant and collect all of the info like I did... because my refund was made in a few days.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.