Fraud activity - Fake shopping website

shopperAJ
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone been able to get a refund after mistakingly purchasing from a fraudulant website and never receiving the item ordered?

Paypal claims to cover this type of transaction, but I was denied.  Now that my dispute is "closed" they won't let me appeal it, or provide furthur evidence.  

I'M DONE WITH PAYPAL!  JOIN ME AND STOP USING PAYPAL.  They claim to offer buyer protection, but in a case with CLEAR fraudulant activity, they did nothing for me!

AJ

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Haldor72
Contributor
Contributor
I have been caught by the infamous scam site selling men's leather slippers. No delivery no refund
Login to Me Too

Haldor72
Contributor
Contributor
I will cease using e bay or paypal from now on. Also had trouble with Paypal holding paid funds for no good reason
Login to Me Too

shopperAJ
Contributor
Contributor

I'M done.  I will be filing with the BBB as well.  Paypal will be named alongside the fake seller. 

Paypal sent me on a run-around as well. 

-Responded to email, was told to follow up on website instead. 

-Used "contact" on website for email, put in my message, then a popup said to CALL them instead

- Called them, was put on hold after many tries to talk to a person.  While on hold a recorded message said they couldn't help me and I should check their website. 

If I wasn't so mad, I would have laughed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.