Fraud Seller Never sent the item. Paypal closed my claim.

fraoh
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys, looking for some help with a fraudulent purchase. 

I purchased an item from a website (now i know is probably a scam) that i never received. After about a week of no response from the seller, I contacted Paypal to start a dispute. After i created a dispute with Paypal, the seller created a tracking number vis USPS and provided it to Paypal. The item according to USPS was delivered but not to me. I never got anything, but the city that showed on the Tracking number was the same as my city, so Paypal closed my case saying it's delivered. 😞 How do I get a refund? This sucks.

Doesn't make sense that Paypal would close my dispute just because a random tracking number was delivered? Is there any way I or Paypal can confirm the address the seller delivered to? Can Paypal help with this?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

reneeangel75
New Community Member

The crazy thing with mine is that I purchased mine on June 2nd and the tracking number showed it was delivered on May 23rd. How can that be.  I brought this up to PayPay and they still denied my request. 

Login to Me Too

fraoh
Contributor
Contributor

Ugh, sounds too easy for sellers to perform fraud using Paypal as long as you know how to work the system. Paypal, you guys doing anything to help the buyers here? The item i bought was from this merchant: SMEK Noaghety The Item i purchased is a big workout bench (100lbs?). And when you see the tracking number (9400110205958165431215), it says they left it in the mailbox. lol. how do you fit a 100lbs workout bench in the mailbox? These guys obviously sent a post card or something the day i raised the claim with Paypal.. and sent it to some random address in the same city i live... knowing that as soon as it gets "delivered", Paypal will stupidly close my case automatically. These guys are fraudulent stealing people's money!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fraoh 

@reneeangel75 

APPEAL.

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment or that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

fraoh
Contributor
Contributor

I wish it was as easy as you explain it here. Called their 800 number, went through a series of answering questions.. then finally ended up with, "Due to corona virus, Customer Service is closed". Great. Went to Facebook messenger, tried to submit an appeal through that app.. same dead end. Left a chat message via Paypal chat from the Paypal site.. after 2 days finally got a response that they were sorry for the inconvenience and told me to dispute it with my credit card. Wow. Why do i use Paypal again? 

For future sake for everyone, don't buy from this site! It's a scam: https://divineintra.myshopify.com/

I guess i'll see what my credit card company can do. Again, this sucks. Thanks for the protection guarantee Paypal.. it works so well. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fraoh 

Firstly i never said it was easy and secondly did you miss this bit in my post?

Right after i mentioned the phone option i said ''click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid'' .

As they mentioned your card then did you pay as a guest buyer OR did you state in your message that you want to make an APPEAL on an item not received fake tracking number case?

Good luck with the credit card option, hopefully it should work for you.

Yep agreed avoid scam China websites that sell tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kevinvc
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing. Ordered a weight bench. Got a shipping confirmation with a delivery date prior to the email. PayPal closed the case since the USPS tracking number showed that it had been delivered. 

BUT, I noticed that the delivery confirmation did not show the address that it was delivered to, only the city and state. I emailed the USPS with the tracking number and asked for more information. I got a phone call from the local Postmaster the next day and explained my situation. He sent me an email with a picture of the package that was delivered that had the tracking number and the street name clearly visible on the label. It was not my street. He also sent me an email confirming that the package was not delivered to my address.

I submitted all of this to PayPal and they re-opened my case. But every time I try to message with someone there, they act like they haven't received anything I sent them and are always over an hour late to respond to anything I write. PayPal now says they will ask the vendor for delivery information again. I know that this bogus company will show them confirmation that the package was delivered, but won't show them the delivery address.

I have little hope that PayPal will help since they don't show any interest in even acknowledging everything I've uploaded to them already.

Good luck. My advice is to never use this vendor.

Login to Me Too

Nh89
Contributor
Contributor
All- I went through this same issue with PayPal and they refunded me! Visa won’t do **bleep**, nor will Wells Fargo. You can definitely get your money back from PayPal. They need to honor what happened under their roof. Don’t give up & call back!! This guys site is officially taken down, I’ve reported him to Shopify AND PayPal and received confirmation last week that he was being monitored.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.