Fraud - Paypal Transaction on Bank Statement

luvbudracing67
New Community Member
5386120 PAYPAL * ENUMBER INC San Jose CA - $29.48
Appears on my Bank Statement, though not on my Pay Pal account and it is not a Brick & Mortar store using Paypal as card processing.
I had completed a Ebay transaction, sucessfully charged, a half hour before this appeared.  Ironically, same city/state listed on both transactions.
Anyone familar with this company? 
Anyone else had this company listed as a fraudulant charge?
Thanks!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sonatajoe
New Community Member

After checking my charge on my credit card not paypal, i found out it was for an authorized charge. I am guessing the vendor cannot process his own charges through VISA, so he uses this company as a service to him.

THIS IS NOT A SCAM....

joe

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Could be a purchase you made with a credit card and not from your PayPal account.

Suggest you review all of your recent purchases and verify a receipt for each one.  Also, check any companies where you have recurring monthl payments to a credit card.

Also, make sure anyone else using one of your credit cards has a valid receipt printed for each used.

Finally, contact your bank for transaction details.

Login to Me Too

jlwacker
Contributor
Contributor

As far as I can determine from the scanty information available online and my own experience, Enumber, Inc. is a one-person payment processing shop based somewhere in New Jersey, and used by eBay vendors to handle payments through their websites.  For example last December, I ordered some toner cartridges through an eBay "yallstore" (the vendor was not Enumber) and paid via PayPal.  The transaction was identified in my account transaction history on PayPal.com as "ENUMBER INC (yallstore)"

In my case, I don't think any fraud was involved, or intended.  Perhaps the vendor might have alerted you as to how the transaction would be reported, to avoid any confusion.  

@luvbudracing67 wrote:
5386120 PAYPAL * ENUMBER INC San Jose CA - $29.48
Appears on my Bank Statement, though not on my Pay Pal account and it is not a Brick & Mortar store using Paypal as card processing.
I had completed a Ebay transaction, sucessfully charged, a half hour before this appeared.  Ironically, same city/state listed on both transactions.
Anyone familar with this company? 
Anyone else had this company listed as a fraudulant charge?
Thanks!

Login to Me Too
Solved

sonatajoe
New Community Member

After checking my charge on my credit card not paypal, i found out it was for an authorized charge. I am guessing the vendor cannot process his own charges through VISA, so he uses this company as a service to him.

THIS IS NOT A SCAM....

joe

Login to Me Too

User1996
New Community Member
ENUMBER is a scam and Why on earth is PayPal still allowing this to continue to happen? ENUMBER just took 155$ out of my paypal account under some catergory called “special financing”. I never authorized this. PayPal is looking into it. However it’s super concerning to see this has been happening for years and somehow it hadn’t been resolved...?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.