Fraud PayPal and Highlife Technology Inc.

Michelleberent
Contributor
Contributor
I’m from Canada and have registered my complaint against the triad of Facebook, PayPal and Highlife Technology Inc., for their participation in the Fraudulent activities, which is not only impacting the consumers, but the North American economy as a whole. I reported the activity to PayPal, because I was suspicious in not receiving a shipping number from the company. In my opinion, PayPal should have honoured my request to cancel the order and refund my money at that time. But they didn’t, they allowed the fraudulent company to continue their business and ship me items which I did not order. PayPal frontline staff advised me that they are aware of the issues but they are just following process. They also said PayPal would contribute to the $80 shipping charge and refund me $30. In my opinion, participation of partial shipping only furthers the idea that PayPal is profiting more in service fees to these companies than to launch an investigation themselves to protect the consumer and the North American economy. It is unreasonable for PayPal to continue to participate in what looks like a North American wide fraud scandal that in my estimation and research has gone on for years now. There is a Canadian affiliate in Markham that I’m willing to ship the items to. Please confirm if PayPal insists on my sending the package to Asia or if I can return it to Markham in Canada. Please be aware your response and actions will also be reported to the Canadian Competition Bureau. Please consider Canadian the laws prior to responding. https://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/eng/02443.html
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Michelleberent 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/ca/for-you/shop/refunded-returns

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Michelleberent
Contributor
Contributor
Is PayPal doing anything to prevent further fraud from this company. The frontline agents seem to be very familiar with the issue and there’s even a FB page with more victims across North America.
Login to Me Too

Michelleberent
Contributor
Contributor

The FB page is, <> Do you have the ability to send this information to your legal department?

Login to Me Too

Jon000
New Community Member

I have a similar situation.  I purchased tires from https://www.habatim.com/ The deal was reasonable good but not so good it seemed too good to be true.

After the purchase I became suspicious and started checking into them.  The address provided turned out to be in a field in Idaho, none of their contact info was answered - phone disconnected, contact form failed, email returned undelivered.  My attempts to cancel were not delivered.  Their PayPal email address is active and they respond to PayPal emails from them.  The tracking number provided was for a 4 pound delivery to an address is in my same city (not my address as confirmed later by UPS), but it was enough for PayPal to find in their favor as it showed as delivered.  When  I pull up my order tracking on their site it shows as pending.  The money was never refunded by PayPal (my bank agreed to refund the money after filing with them) and this seller is still being allowed to take peoples money through PayPal from this site even though nothing is getting delivered to the buyer.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.