Fraud, PayPal Hacked, Unauthorized Transaction

FarahK
New Community Member

Hi, 

I am deeply concern with the security system of Pay Pal. I have had someone hacked into my PayPal account and taking SGD$700 of my money in my bank. What measurements is PayPal taking in securing users security and assurance? How are hackers able to 'rob' users of PayPal? This isn't the first time I have experienced this and by the time I realised, it is a tad late. Even though my SGD$700 was returned, my previous case was completely gone because I didn't realise I was duped. I don't feel safe using PayPal anymore. Does anyone go through the same frustrating 'ordeal'?

Farah 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FarahK

Suggest you....

1. Check you haven't responded to any 'spoof' emails and given away your log in details etc.

2. Do an anti-virus scan on your computer.

3. Check you haven't saved your paypal password on any device that may have been accessed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FarahK

Suggest you....

1. Check you haven't responded to any 'spoof' emails and given away your log in details etc.

2. Do an anti-virus scan on your computer.

3. Check you haven't saved your paypal password on any device that may have been accessed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Yks
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. 5AM in the morning I woke up and noticed SMS alert that there was sussful transaction over SGD 1K over from my credit card. Time of transaction is around 1am in the morning. I don't feel secure anymore. Why Pay Pal doesn't even have 2FA at least? I called my bank and they will investigate which gonna takes about a week or so anyway that's totally sucks. How if I miss that SMS alert then we bare the risk of holding credit card. Come on, PayPal pls do little more secure like 2FA .. Sigh!
Login to Me Too

Yks
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal respond they don't have 2FA yet in SG but they are on it. I assume now probably have already. The unauthorized transaction I've contacted to PayPal and my affected Bank DBS. Eventually I've received back my money 😊 .. Hope no more such inconvenience experience like us on PayPal
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.