Fraud: Dongguan Shunfa Logistics Co., Ltd.

Temp20211005XA
Contributor
Contributor

I placed two separate orders from two completely different websites for different products.  After payment using my Paypal account I discovered that payment for both orders was made to <Removed>.    

Both orders were shipped and when received I discovered that the items received were not as advertised.  When I contacted the company I received an email with very poor grammar.  Rather than offer to ship a replacement product they offered to give me a discount on what I paid but asked for banking information.  When I insist that they correct their mistake they claim that it is my responsibility to pay for return shipping.

I have filed a complaint for resolution with Paypal and am waiting for a response.  Looking online it appears as though this is common practice for<Removed> and basically a scam to both steal your money by shipping inferior products which are not what was ordered but then to also collect bank information.

Login to Me Too
903 REPLIES 903

ian_buckingham
Contributor
Contributor

I also had a similar problem. Bought a robotic Rubiks Cube and recieved back a cheap plastric cube with stuffed up colours so that it is impossible to solve. When I tried to get a refund back through PayPal I had to return the dud cube to the company. After repeated attempts to contact Dongguan Shunfa Logistics Co. Ltd to no avail, and also emails to PayPal with no replies from either, PayPal declined my claim.

ROYALLY SHAFTED BY BOTH! 

Login to Me Too

Temp20211005XA
Contributor
Contributor

In both cases I received a product that was not even close to what I ordered. I saved all of the email correspondence as proof that the company is at fault.  I expect that Paypal will not only honor their protection agreement but will ban this company from further transactions.

Login to Me Too

skyowallc
Contributor
Contributor

I doubt they'll cover it, unless you return the item through a verifiable shipping method back to mainland China, which would most likely result in a net refund of about 50% or less than what you paid for the item.

On the other hand, I'd be willing to bet there all sorts of red flags you ignored on the website you made the purchase from that you missed or ignored in hopes of getting that name brand item in the pictures at a steal price.

No offense, but there's reason for the saying "if it sounds to good to be true..."

Login to Me Too

Temp20211005XA
Contributor
Contributor
Actually the websites were very well put together and verified by American Express and Paypal among others. Pricing was reasonable to expect fair treatment. They now have over 14 different sites that al appear the same. Seems like this is the new trend.
Login to Me Too

Wags84
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe, and way i used paypal to buy the item, i figured at worst case they'll guarantee my purchase

Login to Me Too

cdrollinitis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Wags,

Sorry, but PayPal won't back you. They have backed NOT ONE of their customers. Buy through AMAZON instead. I learned the hard way.

Login to Me Too

MKL1953
Contributor
Contributor
Please report PayPal to Federal Trade Commission. They should have business insurance for cases like this. We all need to do that Www.FTC.Gov
Login to Me Too

cnl1
Contributor
Contributor

I did this also on previous advice in this forum (reporting to FTC).  Listed PayPal in complaint as well.  The form is simple, all of us should take the few minutes to at least try to stop this.

Login to Me Too

cdrollinitis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
I did as well. I gave as much info as I could and I too included PayPal in the complaint. I then notified PayPal that I along with others were filing complaints with the FTC against them and these scam companies. I told them that they really should be reading all the complaints against them on their community pages. To date...no response. They just don't care period.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.