Fraud: Dongguan Shunfa Logistics Co., Ltd.

Temp20211005XA
Contributor
Contributor

I placed two separate orders from two completely different websites for different products.  After payment using my Paypal account I discovered that payment for both orders was made to <Removed>.    

Both orders were shipped and when received I discovered that the items received were not as advertised.  When I contacted the company I received an email with very poor grammar.  Rather than offer to ship a replacement product they offered to give me a discount on what I paid but asked for banking information.  When I insist that they correct their mistake they claim that it is my responsibility to pay for return shipping.

I have filed a complaint for resolution with Paypal and am waiting for a response.  Looking online it appears as though this is common practice for<Removed> and basically a scam to both steal your money by shipping inferior products which are not what was ordered but then to also collect bank information.

Login to Me Too
903 REPLIES 903

blade900
Contributor
Contributor

I've just escalated similar issue, then came across all these other cases from earlier on.  If Dongguan have been flagged to PayPal by lot of customers, why have't they removed them from their service? 

Login to Me Too

carl43
Contributor
Contributor

Good question!!!

Login to Me Too

prdpnp
Contributor
Contributor

Thats exactly the same question i asked Paypal and their supervisor(Paul <removed>), they had no answers. In fact they are doubting on the facts provided by the customers. Hopeless the Paypal customer care is. Cos i strongly think they are involved in this scam. This needs to be reported to internet cyber crime(which i am already in the process) and both Paypal and Dongguan should be quoted off...

Login to Me Too

blade900
Contributor
Contributor

ok thanks for letting me know that.  Be interested to know the outcome of reporting to cyber crime.  This scam will be making 1000s off people if there's no way of getting your money back or banning the seller.

Login to Me Too

cyurkovich
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal Doesn't Care! Their buyer protection is non-existent. I purchased 2 Galaxy Projector Lamps from these people on December 5, 2019. All I received were 2 lens caps not the actual projectors. Total spent was $75.80... PayPal told me that until the seller receives it I can't have my money even though I have customs form and tracking number from USPS. I went to the post office again today and was told that because we aren't china and we don't have control over their postal system that we may never know if they received it back. So now my granddaughters are still without their Christmas gifts and I can't have my money back to purchase something else. Being disabled with a very small income it's not like I have the money to just go buy something alse and write off the $75.80 I spent!
Login to Me Too

cdrollinitis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
If this happened to me I'd go to small claims court. Contact them and let them know your are going to notify your attorney about this matter and that you will take them to court. Something has to be done both to this company and to Paypal. I'm going to start posting negative things on their Facebook page. That will get someone's attention.
Login to Me Too

SunnyD827
Contributor
Contributor
I also ordered what was pictured to be a very cute cat tree and got sent a pitiful piece of junk that looked nothing like the picture. Will be posting bad reviews for them wherever I can to hopefully prevent others from paying them for anything they say they’re selling.
Login to Me Too

carl43
Contributor
Contributor

Just received a full refund from PayPal. It has been two months since I ordered from Dungguan. Luckily all I got from them was a couple of bogus tracking numbers. Good luck to you all.

Login to Me Too

cdrollinitis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Moral of this story is just hope you never receive the item you order!
Login to Me Too

jaymzth
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered toilet paper from Google Shopping which pulled up a website called Larkspur.com, supposedly based in Dallas, TX.  Figured it was legit, so I bought a pack of Charmin.  I immediately regretted it, as the Paypal receipt showed Dongguan Shunfa Logistics Co., Ltd. in China.  The links to Larkspur.com were almost immediately invalid as well.  When I tried to cancel the order, Dongguan gave me some crap tracking information in Chinese (convenient) and said they can't cancel once it shipped.  Filed a dispute with Paypal, but do not have much hope. I stumbled onto this as I was filing that dispute so it looks like this is common practice for them.  Paypal needs to do something about these scammers.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.