Fraud: Dongguan Shunfa Logistics Co., Ltd.

Temp20211005XA
Contributor
Contributor

I placed two separate orders from two completely different websites for different products.  After payment using my Paypal account I discovered that payment for both orders was made to <Removed>.    

Both orders were shipped and when received I discovered that the items received were not as advertised.  When I contacted the company I received an email with very poor grammar.  Rather than offer to ship a replacement product they offered to give me a discount on what I paid but asked for banking information.  When I insist that they correct their mistake they claim that it is my responsibility to pay for return shipping.

I have filed a complaint for resolution with Paypal and am waiting for a response.  Looking online it appears as though this is common practice for<Removed> and basically a scam to both steal your money by shipping inferior products which are not what was ordered but then to also collect bank information.

Login to Me Too
903 REPLIES 903

lecatpuke
Contributor
Contributor

you can call your bank and file a dispute.  tell them this was an unauthorized payment.  I did this years ago, and paypal then shut down my account.  it took a long time to re establish it, and now I am doing it again.  I really don't need them, because all merchants now have other ways to pay.  and it is a helluva lot easier to dispute thru our charge/debit cards, or bank.  

Login to Me Too

carl43
Contributor
Contributor

As this sort of scam becomes more prevalent, and it appears that it will, your banks/CC companies may become less helpful. We really have very little recourse once the money is paid. 

Login to Me Too

carl43
Contributor
Contributor

Any new developments?

Login to Me Too

Rijstplant
Contributor
Contributor

I just got a result from the dispute. I need to send the product back and will get a 100% refund.

But that means I have to pay shipping, again, so I'll have to open up a request to get the shipping costs refunded.

Login to Me Too

cdrollinitis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Somewhere I read that the scam company has to receive the return in 10 days or less....or PayPal won't give you the promised refund. Also, the shipping will cost far more than what the original cost of the item was I wish you the best of luck with this. Let us know how it goes.
Login to Me Too

PJC2020
Contributor
Contributor

I guess I was very lucky since I caught the fraud BEFORE I allowed them to "pretend" to ship anything. PayPal waits 21 days from any contact with the Seller was my latest update. I did not wait for PayPal.  I got my refund by submitting a claim to my bank and upon THEIR investigation, they confirmed that this was fraudulent activity and refunded me the $54.98.  Go through your bank, if your PayPal is tied to your bank account.  PayPal should be considered a fraud accomplice, as far as I am concerned... more focused on not having to return your money than that there is a FRAUD COMPANY scamming people on their site.  Look at how many of us have been taken by this fake company!!!

@blade900 

@cdrollinitis 

Login to Me Too

cdrollinitis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
PJC...that is just one of the companies they operate under. There's 100's that they've scammed! I'll never use PayPal again.
Login to Me Too

cdrollinitis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
I just read where you will need to provide a tracking number of the pkg being returned to China. Oops...we have a problem. That number will cost you $$$$. Good luck with PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Rijstplant
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

You can maybe look into the option of shipping cost refund.

It's also something PayPal offers, which helped me to ship it.

Login to Me Too

lecatpuke
Contributor
Contributor

good luck on that.  usps does not give tracking to china.  ups will, but it will cost 100 bucks.  or more.  with no tracking, paypal will deny your dispute.  this is obviously the loophole this **bleep** uses to **bleep** us all.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.