Fraud: Dongguan Shunfa Logistics Co., Ltd.

Temp20211005XA
Contributor
Contributor

I placed two separate orders from two completely different websites for different products.  After payment using my Paypal account I discovered that payment for both orders was made to <Removed>.    

Both orders were shipped and when received I discovered that the items received were not as advertised.  When I contacted the company I received an email with very poor grammar.  Rather than offer to ship a replacement product they offered to give me a discount on what I paid but asked for banking information.  When I insist that they correct their mistake they claim that it is my responsibility to pay for return shipping.

I have filed a complaint for resolution with Paypal and am waiting for a response.  Looking online it appears as though this is common practice for<Removed> and basically a scam to both steal your money by shipping inferior products which are not what was ordered but then to also collect bank information.

Login to Me Too
903 REPLIES 903

cdrollinitis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
I received a similar type email from them when they admitted that their advertising was a bit misleading. I gave PayPal a copy of that email and it made no difference to them at all. Refund denied. Thank goodness for the credit card company who did the right thing.
Login to Me Too

carl43
Contributor
Contributor

If this isn't resolved, the credit card company is my next step. And if this is really the case, where is the advantage in using PayPal?

Login to Me Too

Andreacaputa
Contributor
Contributor
That is exactly what I have been posting. PP doesn’t reimburse in these cases, which means they support the scam. PP has become useless
Login to Me Too

carl43
Contributor
Contributor

If that is the case what is the purpose of using PayPal?

Login to Me Too

LibbyF
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, and my PP is linked directly to my bank account, not a credit card, so I have no other way to get the $ back, or half of it at least, by shipping the stupid product back to China and losing half the money and a lot of my time and energy.  PP IS part of it all by allowing this to continue.  

Login to Me Too

SoCalDad38
Contributor
Contributor
Reopen your case. Shipping the product back to China will only make their scam work even better because you will be out more money and they will have those two pieces of worthless plastic to send to someone else!
Login to Me Too

Andreacaputa
Contributor
Contributor
darn good point! Better yet, get the money back from the credit card company. PP won’t help much.
Login to Me Too

SoCalDad38
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal is in a position to be better than credit card companies. I think they will refund the money as part of their buyer protection if you see the course through and are persistent. They refunded mine and others on here. They must be insured for this type of thing.
Login to Me Too

carl43
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks that's encouraging. But the way PP drags it out can be frustrating.

Login to Me Too

LibbyF
Contributor
Contributor

I received a similar email for my planetarium order, where they said there was no way they could provide that to me because of the cost and that what I received was all I paid for (even though their ad, still up, says differently!).  No machine, just two discs, with nothing to play them on.  

I can't believe they can keep getting away with this.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.