Fraud: Dongguan Shunfa Logistics Co., Ltd.

Temp20211005XA
Contributor
Contributor

I placed two separate orders from two completely different websites for different products.  After payment using my Paypal account I discovered that payment for both orders was made to <Removed>.    

Both orders were shipped and when received I discovered that the items received were not as advertised.  When I contacted the company I received an email with very poor grammar.  Rather than offer to ship a replacement product they offered to give me a discount on what I paid but asked for banking information.  When I insist that they correct their mistake they claim that it is my responsibility to pay for return shipping.

I have filed a complaint for resolution with Paypal and am waiting for a response.  Looking online it appears as though this is common practice for<Removed> and basically a scam to both steal your money by shipping inferior products which are not what was ordered but then to also collect bank information.

Login to Me Too
903 REPLIES 903

rishi9
Contributor
Contributor

forget PayPal! They are cheater partner with this fraud company so don't waste time just file claim with your credit card company and they will pay you back from paypal account please. I contacted VISA and immediately they honored my claim and paid me full amount. The Paypal is still reviewing my case means they are cheater partner.

Login to Me Too

SteveLowe0077
New Community Member

Same!  I ordered a portable HD projector and received a selfie stick straight out of pound land!!    Paypal are completely useless and offer zero assistance.  Have reported them for this and contacted their legal team.  This cannot keep happening.  Paypal should cease all trading with this mickey mouse outfit.

Login to Me Too

skyowallc
Contributor
Contributor

You'll all be glad to know that in addition to what you've already been ripped off for, you've handed China millions of your tax dollars as well, and handed the companies importing the most from China millions in welfare as well.

PayPal won't do what's right for Americans in China because  they're more concerned about maintaining their status as a payment processor in China, who else you going to go to in America to boycott PayPal?

By the way, I believe under US law, if a company is shipping product from a US address, they have to provide a US return address, I could be wrong about that though.

Login to Me Too

SoCalDad38
Contributor
Contributor
If PayPal offers a way to check on the status and legitimacy of an online retailer through their website before you make payment they become more valuable than a credit card company! Especially for international online purchases. In the future if I make a purchase through PayPal I plan on researching the seller. It would be nice if PayPal identified them as a company in China or wherever and I should be able to see if they are in good standing with the online marketplace, how long they have been in business, how many consumers their rating is based on, and if they have a shipping partner in the US (in case I need to make a return). This is all information that could be easily generated on the PayPal platform and it becomes up to the consumer if they are interested in taking a chance on a seller who has not verified their information through a history of operating on PayPal.
Login to Me Too

carl43
Contributor
Contributor

Agreed. However the name of this company wasn't revealed until payment was tendered. I did check out the name of the website and it was too new to have much, if any information available. I counted nine such sites offering almost identical merchandise.

Login to Me Too

SoCalDad38
Contributor
Contributor
When you first agree to make payment through PayPal I thought the merchant’s PayPal account is listed? It should be ..... along with the other information relevant to make an informed decision about making the purchase.
Login to Me Too

carl43
Contributor
Contributor

That may or may not have been the case but that is not normally the point at which one would stop the transaction and begin researching the PayPal recipient. 

Login to Me Too

JessicaFangirl
Contributor
Contributor

The seller did exactly what they said and knew Paypal would be no help.  They offered me the final offer of 20 percent of my money back.  Paypal required I mail the 1.00 tripod back and eat the cost of shipping which would be the same amount as my original purchase.  I have now filed a dispute with my credit card company which is going to give me my money back.  Everyone else should do the same as well as file a complaint with the better business bureau in regards to Paypal's inability to protect customers as well as this company being allowed to advertise fraudulently on Facebook. 

You'll all appreciate this response from them where they blatantly admit to selling product they didn't have.  I told this to Paypal who didn't care:

Sorry, we have sent you an advertising product that does not include a machine, which is in short supply. We can not sell the machine at the current low price. Sorry for the misleading advertisement for your product, and I am willing to provide you with this 10% refund as compensation, do you agree?
We are sorry again for the misunderstanding you caused. Hope you can understand us.

Login to Me Too

KellyKellyNZ
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly the same BLURB as they sent me.  Different product.  If you can report it to your countries SCAM WATCH - lets get it out there that this company is a SCAM.....

Login to Me Too

Greenbandit
Contributor
Contributor
Hay ho, guess what, I too bought from Dongguan Shunfa Logistics, I have read ALL the complaints, wish I had discovered them b4 parting with my hard earned cash. There must be some governing body that we can complain to who deals with international fraudulent companies
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.