Fraud: Dongguan Shunfa Logistics Co., Ltd.

Temp20211005XA
Contributor
Contributor

I placed two separate orders from two completely different websites for different products.  After payment using my Paypal account I discovered that payment for both orders was made to <Removed>.    

Both orders were shipped and when received I discovered that the items received were not as advertised.  When I contacted the company I received an email with very poor grammar.  Rather than offer to ship a replacement product they offered to give me a discount on what I paid but asked for banking information.  When I insist that they correct their mistake they claim that it is my responsibility to pay for return shipping.

I have filed a complaint for resolution with Paypal and am waiting for a response.  Looking online it appears as though this is common practice for<Removed> and basically a scam to both steal your money by shipping inferior products which are not what was ordered but then to also collect bank information.

Login to Me Too
903 REPLIES 903

Andreacaputa
Contributor
Contributor

So sorry to hear of your experience with this scam.

We just had the same experience with the same exact product.

I was so furious when speaking with PP.  They finally offered $20 credit which we accepted.

This is by no means over with.  Their resolution was to be compared to flea market bargaining.

BTW: I used the same Dollar Store analogy as you when speaking with them.

Ken

Login to Me Too

Andreacaputa
Contributor
Contributor

That is EXACTLY what happened to me and forget getting your money back. PP said they would if I filed a report through a .gov website and I did. Then they told me that the case was closed and I wouldn't get reimbursed because I didn't return the item. After long discussions I got part of it back. 

Login to Me Too

SoCalDad38
Contributor
Contributor
What government website?
Login to Me Too

Andreacaputa
Contributor
Contributor
This is the email I got from PP with the information about that .gov Website, the form and how to submit it to PP once completed. This is also what they refused to acknowledging when they refused to reimburse me: Customer Service PayPal Customer Support04:32 PM Dear, Ken Caputa Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Support. These are the steps to process the refund without a return for this particular case Go to www.IC3.gov, fill out the complaint form (NOT ALL INFORMATION NEEDS TO BE FILLED OUT), save and download form as a PDF file, Take screen shots or photos of the first 2 or 3 pages that you filled out.
Login to Me Too

Psykes
Contributor
Contributor
It sounds like I ordered the exact same "stainless steel over the sink dish drying rack." What I received was a three tier plastic shelf that arrived broken. I even sent PayPal pictures of the broken item. It didn't help. NOT worth paying shipping to send trash back to China! In addition, the return address in the resolution center was written in Chinese!!! Scam for sure.
Login to Me Too

hardcore-fs
Contributor
Contributor

@Psykes 

The address Is going to be in Chinese, the same way a UK address is in English..

Whilst level of English is good in China, not every post man can read it....

Print the address out & stick in on the return....

but seriously DON'T buy directly from Chinese companies unless you know what you are doing......

go via  aliexpress.

Also many Chinese sellers  also have the same items on Amazon or Ebay.. stick to what you know....

There are millions of companies , don't expect  paypal to track them all for fraud....

Login to Me Too

Greenbandit
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I would keep raising a disputes thats what am doing, am not giving up
Login to Me Too

NRoberts2499
Contributor
Contributor
Go to the Federal Trade Commission website and file a report. Include this company and PayPal in the complaint. If enough of us file it will get addressed.
Login to Me Too

MalamuteNY
Contributor
Contributor

I filed a complaint with the FTC against both the vendor and PayPal. No response.

Login to Me Too

cdrollinitis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Another place to file...BBB and file a complaint with the IC3. Then, let PayPal know you did this. The more negative reports that are filed against them the better our odds of getting this stopped.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.