Fraud: Dongguan Shunfa Logistics Co., Ltd.

Temp20211005XA
Contributor
Contributor

I placed two separate orders from two completely different websites for different products.  After payment using my Paypal account I discovered that payment for both orders was made to <Removed>.    

Both orders were shipped and when received I discovered that the items received were not as advertised.  When I contacted the company I received an email with very poor grammar.  Rather than offer to ship a replacement product they offered to give me a discount on what I paid but asked for banking information.  When I insist that they correct their mistake they claim that it is my responsibility to pay for return shipping.

I have filed a complaint for resolution with Paypal and am waiting for a response.  Looking online it appears as though this is common practice for<Removed> and basically a scam to both steal your money by shipping inferior products which are not what was ordered but then to also collect bank information.

Login to Me Too
903 REPLIES 903

LibbyF
Contributor
Contributor

Actually I didn't compare prices, this was a link my husband sent me from a FB ad and I couldn't tell by the website that anything would be coming from China.  I paid $43 for the projector and two discs, and on Amazon (looking later) I see that similar items can range anywhere from $18-$100.  So it's not like the $ paid was outrageously low at all.  I will never buy from a website I am not familiar with in the future however, and although i dislike supporting Amazon for a variety of reasons, they are our main supplier currently for most things as I feel I can trust them and they always handle resolutions quickly and fairly.  I thought PP would do the same, had no idea they didn't actually guarantee what I purchased.  When half of an item arrives, and not the rest, why is it our responsibility to return the half that did arrive, at our cost, rather than the seller sending the half they didn't send?  Why is it on us per PP instead of the other way around?  

Login to Me Too

Andreacaputa
Contributor
Contributor

The days when PP treated customers better and refunded are long gone. Might as well use your credit card instead. Better chance of getting your money back.

Login to Me Too

kuralowicz

Has anyone had any luck in getting back their $?  It amazes me that PayPal allows this when their account must have 100s of "item not as described".  Contact your bank or CC and use the word "Fraud".  They will chargeback PayPal.  Unreal.

Login to Me Too

whosanhoit
Contributor
Contributor

I agree.

I have saved this thread as a PDF to send to my CC company if needed. 

The number of times PayPal has received complaints about this company and not upheld their consumer protection, or suspended the seller's account, should be more than enough proof to get your money back from the CC company.

I am able to further escalate my case as of tomorrow. I'll report back on any outcome I receive. 

Login to Me Too

mariasfinds
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased from this company and another sellers, in China .... off of facebook.  Turned out to be Scams, one sent only part of the order, the other sent a totally different item (cheaper item) from what was ordered.  I filed paypal claims and they insist you to return what you received to China with Tracking and Signature confirmation which costs WAY more that what your refund will be.  So much for Purchase protection.  Lesson Learned Twice !  

Login to Me Too

SoCalDad38
Contributor
Contributor
I was refunded my money after disputing that the item purchased was never shipped and sending several different messages to PayPal support through messenger. I believe PayPal must have flagged this company by now. Stay the course and stay positive.
Login to Me Too

myhawby
Contributor
Contributor

Same scenario.  Bought 4 "self solving Rubik's cubes" came as cheap, unsolvable cubes with 5 matching sides and one side unsolvable.  I paid extra for 3-6 day shipping.  Item took 6 weeks to finally arrive.  I filed 10 days after purchase.  Nearly 2 months later, Paypal is still trying to decide if this company is fraudulent.  I called PayPal today and asked them what they would do when the company Dongguan Shunfa Logistics Co., Ltd. tells me to ship it back to them.  They told me they would reimburse me $30 toward my return shipping.  I can ship them back for that and will, but it is not just a simple process.  You have show proof of shipping to PayPal and jump through the hoops of Dongguan Shunfa Logistics Co., Ltd. to be sure you qualify for the refund.  Then once Dongguan Shunfa Logistics Co., Ltd. has received them item back, you will be refunded.  That is provided the item doesn't get stuck in China customs indefinitely.

Login to Me Too

Andreacaputa
Contributor
Contributor

I wouldn't return. The way this company operates they are likely to say they never received the product back. I wouldn't  put it past them to say you didn't return what they send you. 

Login to Me Too

Wildancrazy21
Contributor
Contributor
I won't return, my item return address is CA. I won't spend the money to send to China. Just another way of taking more money from me.
Login to Me Too

Temp20211005XA
Contributor
Contributor

I am tempted to create a bogus shipping label from a totally fake sounding company, and then create a bogus receipt of delivery to see how they respond. Based on their emailed instructions even if you do return the item they will claim they shipped you the item and will not refund you anything.  I am most disturbed that Paypal allows fake companies like this to use their system of payment. It only makes Paypal look bad.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.