Fraud - Denied Claim - Omnyex Ecommmerce DMCC

Curlyriff
Contributor
Contributor

So I have these odd amounts of £85.98 come out from Omnyex Ecommmerce DMCC 3 times in 3 minutes and disputed as I had no idea what this was and it was even PayPal that raised it and flagged it by texting me accordingly. So I put my claim in and waited. Nothing for a while. I phoned and got told they are looking at it. 

I then an hour after got an email from CDKeys.com saying they believe there was some fraudulent activity. I was like yes there was. They then stated they were going to void the transaction. Great I thought, not so! They voided one of the transactions but not the other two. Clearly the other two are also fraud since the first one was and it has all been flagged. 

Now PayPal have denied my claim saying no fraudulent activity recognised. That is daft since the first was already noted by CDKeys (whom I have also emailed asking for clarity on the other two transactions. Now there appears to be no way to escalate and claim etc again or make a case through PayPal!! Like what? 

I have now called my bank and they have cancelled and blocked my direct debit with PayPal till this is resolved although am unsure if the amounts (2 out of 3) will be taken or not now. What can I do next. I have removed all my card and bank details off PayPal also but don't want to close the account down completely until they have cleared the issue. 

I am hoping CD Keys will come back to confirm the other two are also fraudulent though to help but then is there an email address to send/forward this sort of info to PayPal etc? After that I don't know if bank can do anything to help resolve this. Seems a very frustrating and awful situation. 

As people can see I also generally only use it to pay my spotify account. I don't really use PayPal a whole lot so it's not like this wouldn't be a very sudden and odd pattern of behaviour also.  

PayPal_Olivia_0-1638907507401.jpegPayPal_Olivia_1-1638907522559.jpeg

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_April

Hello @Curlyriff

For account-specific information, you will need to contact PayPal Customer Support. You can locate their contact number by clicking on 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

-April 

Login to Me Too

Tiramissu

I have very same issue, money have been taken off my acount 3 times - just in smaller amounts. PayPal has closed the case in sellers favour, I managed to appeal it with limitation team - denied again. I can't believe PayPal does it. Their customer advisor has messaged me saying they believe payments have gone through from my device, and just to check if I haven't got any virus. So what, even if it did, why can't I be protected in this case? Just shows you how safe PayPal is. Also, cdkeys does not respond to my messages. I have tried contacting them via e-mail, facebook, twitter, e-mailed Omnyex Ecommerce company - just get an automated reply that this would be passed to a relative team. I don't know what to do anymore! PayPal seems to support fraud. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Brooke

Hi @Tiramissu

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with a claim that was filed. So we can look into this further, please contact our customer service. You can call, send a private message through Facebook or a direct message through Twitter

Enjoy your day.

Thanks, 

Brooke

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.