Fraud. Compromised account where 1000 was transferred however I cannot dispute

Just_Todd
Contributor
Contributor
Fraud. Compromised account where 1000 was transferred however I cannot dispute bc "I received PMT" the problem is I did not. The fraud unfortunately happened on a PayPal account I had not used in a decade. I would like to dispute it. When I call PayPal to speak to a rep ..they can't assist at this time. The tx happened on 9/02 the same day I got an email that my account info the email sent was in Spanish... whatever happened all happened the same day..the compromise and the transfer...of course we did not know until it hit our bank today. We disputed with bank but would also like to dispute with PayPal..but they are not allowing me to dispute the transaction when attempting to via the online help options. Thanks for your help
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Mayhc52
New Community Member
Same exact thing happened to me. What do we do?
Login to Me Too

mbguillory
Contributor
Contributor

Same here except mine was in French. This has to be resolved! It is happening to many customers. PayPal will not respond!

Login to Me Too

Just_Todd
Contributor
Contributor
Wow sorry. Sucks. Well hopefully the bank will resolve it. The name of my bank changed and the tx used was with the old bank name..ha you'd of thought that my bank would have flagged it. I have set up better alerts with my bank. Lesson learned. It's a bummer! In the day of electronic communication..my bank is sending me paperwork in the mail to fill out and dispute..we may be eligible for the funds in 10 days. Ugh
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.